OnlineVideos 1.9.0.0 [2014/09/7] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If 1080p is available, then the sound's not working.

Emph

desnake

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2010
    Buskerud
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I got a problem with sound in Online Videos.
    I got only lav filters as i just did a clean install from 1.2 to 1.5 MP.
    I've went into online videos config and testet all types from there with great result.
    However once i get into MP and online videos there is no sound on anything.
    Everything else works fine, tv shows in mptvseries and movies in mypictures radiotime works fine and rockstar with spotify also works fine.
    I've also tried to uninstall Online Videos and reinstall it. No luck.

Any idea? :(

EDIT: Actualy now after the reinstall of it and going to config testing every video some videos have sound :D Hurray! :D

Only problem now is with Trailers viewed from trakt, i dont know if they go via onlinevideos?

EDIT2: Hmm tried some trailers with trakt or directly from trailers AND searched those up on youtube and tried imdb trailers. And now i know the problem are the channels for trailers that are not working in OnlineVideos.

Anyone else have problem with Youtube and imdb movietrailers etc on OnlineVideos?

EDIT3: Allright, this is what works in this is what dont!

Works: Trailer Search on youtube, then choose mp4 18 or lower, flv, webm.
    Dont Work: Trailer Online (not sure what provider it uses), mp4 43 or higher (on youtube)

Last edited:

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When adding the site 'youtube' from within the external plugin config method, this site is not configurable.
    It means that you're not possible to set desired bitrate (HD/SD/etc) or enter your account info.
    When I delete the site and add it from within mediaportal itself, the site is now configurable!
    I think this is a bug. I had it with MePo 1.5.0 and now also with a clean 1.6.0 MePo install. I only copied the database with my favorite videos.

edit: Also, when 'localize' is being activated (I'm dutch) the search function won't work anymore!

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In the screenshot, you can see that you can configure the site in the lower part of the form:
    https://code.google.com/p/mp-onlinevideos2/wiki/Introduction#Sites
    Is that what you meant?

When youtube is selected after a clean install or added through the site creation tool, the input boxes are all empty and unconfigurable (also this time when attempting it through a virtual machine):
    Screenshot_from_2014_01_04_13_42_39.png

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm, did you close the configuration while adding it through the Site Creation tool and reopen Config afterwards? The SiteCreation tool edits the xml directly.
    It is also not the recommended way to add a site that already exists - use the sitemanager within MediaPortal for that ;)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    YouTube clips that are HD and have fmt numbers above 100 won't have sound in OV. The streaming format is new and not yet fully supported by OV as the audio track is separate. this was discussed in a different thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/no-full-hd-videos-on-youtube.122607/

It started as HD not available, I added those new formats, but they have no audio for now. If I remove the formats again I guess then many people will ask about no HD again. It's a circle.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I missing this badly :(

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, did you close the configuration while adding it through the Site Creation tool and reopen Config afterwards? The SiteCreation tool edits the xml directly.
    Yes, that is what I did, including saving.

It is also not the recommended way to add a site that already exists - use the sitemanager within MediaPortal for that ;)

If adding from within mediaportal is the preferred method, the site creation tool should not have that option.
    Especially when the site creation tool does not work correctly. It is unclear for new users.

It started as HD not available, I added those new formats, but they have no audio for now. If I remove the formats again I guess then many people will ask about no HD again. It's a circle.

True, but videos without sound could let people think about other problems (soundcard, drivers, cable, etc)
    If they were not available at all you would not have this problem.
    Ok, some HD clips already have no sound at all so they are unaffected but I think this is just a very tiny percentage of videos which are viewed on youtube.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom