Not open for further replies.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    On the subject of OV2 etc. Everything seems to be working well, I did notice when stopping Amazon videos playing through the browser host that it doesn't close the browser like it used to and I have to get the keyboard out to return to MePo. Not sure if the latest site is including in the installation though so maybe unrelated to OV2.

Is there any chance you could enable debugging in the browser host (edit OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config and set WriteDebugLog to True) and follow the steps outlined by @Ministerk in post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/onlinevideos-2-0-beta-test.129890/page-2#post-1127596. As far as I'm aware the remote should work with Amazon Prime and certainly exiting should work.

I'd also be interested to know if the remote does start reacting after 30seconds or so (it *may* be a focus issue). Once I have some logs I can investigate later in the week.

@Ministerk, if you get a chance it might be worth trying that other changeset I sent you with only MCE enabled, it's possible we'd need those changes included for remotes to fully work.

Just tried this again with the browser on debug, now it won't play Amazon movies at all. The screen goes white all over then it disappears. Tried a few different movies and all did the same. Attached logs, also the browser.config in case I did something I shouldn't of in there? For info I am on MePo 1.10 and just using the default install that OB1 posted originally in this thread.[DOUBLEPOST=1425579814][/DOUBLEPOST]Reinstalled OV2 from first post and tried again. Play back works OK.

1. Double check your remote settings: I use an official MS MCE usb receiver with a Harmony remote mapped with official MCE remote codes (mapped them myself with IR capture from official MCE remote. In remote config of MePo I have 'Use MCE Remote / Keyboard' checked
    2. Start a video and let it play for some seconds: Minute or so played
    3. Press
      1. Pause: Does nothing
      2. Play: Still playing obviously but play button does nothing
      3. Right: This does skip forward
      4. Left: This does skip backwards
      5. Stop: Does nothing
      6. Back: Does nothing
      7. Esc: Does nothing
    4. Exit MediaPortal and collect the browser host debug log file: Attached (see newest log)
    Pressing escape on keyboard immediately closes the player and returns me to MePo OK.

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.zip
      749 bytes
    Last edited:

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    @TheBatfink, that error suggests that the dlls are marked as "blocked" by windows. Could you check the properties of all the sites dlls in your onlinevideos folder and see if any of them have an "Unblock" button.

@Ministerk, I think the problem with @Arni_69 remote may be that the Netflix code is clicking in a hard coded position (300,300) before sending the keys and I suspect this is on the other screen, giving the desktop focus. I guess you need to make this click relative to the form top/left, something like
    (Browser.FindForm().Left +300, Browser.FindForm().Top +300).

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Yeah, I guess we posted at the same time. I'll take a good look at the logs tomorrow, but can I just check - have you enabled the HID remote as well in MediaPortal config?

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I hadn't done no. I have now ticked use general HID device as well.
    1. Pause: Pauses
    2. Play: Plays
    3. Right: Skips forward
    4. Left: Skips backwards
    5. Stop: Returns to mepo
    6. Back: Returns to mepo and skips one menu back
    7. Esc: ?
    Not sure if I have back mapped or escape. I only normally use one. All good though, nice work :)

For what its worth. Sky Go is still juddery though..

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    clicking in a hard coded position (300,300) before sending the keys and I suspect this is on the other screen, giving the desktop focus. I guess you need to make this click relative to the form top/left, something like
    (Browser.FindForm().Left +300, Browser.FindForm().Top +300).

Good catch! (y)

Didn't have the remote at hand when i wrote this. The button name is "clear" not "esc" (on my three different MCE remotes).

Make it all tomorrow with the logs.

Great!
    Just a reminder (i think you've done this already but to be 100% sure): Check that WriteDebugLog is set to true in OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    All good though

So you're all up and running now, that's great!

For what its worth. Sky Go is still juddery though..

I wish I could get to the bottom of the Sky Go thing, there are a couple of tweaks pending which may help, but even on my system it's not 100% smooth. Once this release is out of the way I'll see if there's anything I can do to improve it, but I wouldn't be hopeful right now :-(

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Are there any methods for determining the frame rate of what is being played in the browser?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom