*ORIGINAL THREAD* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather (3 Viewers)

Vergo

Portal Pro
August 30, 2005
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Now I'm confused :p

What I want is an extra label for each day
e.g.
Day 2 (Next Day): #day2label
Day 3: #day3label
Day 4: #day4label
Day 5: #day5label

That way, the plugin always displays the correct weekdays with the weather data

Hope that clears things up?

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
May 10, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Now I'm confused :p

What I want is an extra label for each day
e.g.
Day 2 (Next Day): #day2label
Day 3: #day3label
Day 4: #day4label
Day 5: #day5label

That way, the plugin always displays the correct weekdays with the weather data

Hope that clears things up?

yeah this is what i meant before, but didn't describe it as well as you lol.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok now i've undestood :D

I've added these labels and added a little twitter ticker :D Updated version in the first post

Im stuck :/ How to react on a button on the basichome. i dont find any documantion about that. And for what is this <action> tag in the xml files?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Vergo: What's the image path for this item, please:

Code:
    #todaybigweatherimg

Should I put these images in my "weatherbg" folder? Also, is there a list of fitting names available for these images?

Emph

Vergo

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2005
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Vergo: What's the image path for this item, please:

Code:
    #todaybigweatherimg

Should I put these images in my "weatherbg" folder? Also, is there a list of fitting names available for these images?

Emph

I assume you're referring to that basichome I posted, with weather backdrops matching the current weather?
    The code refers to Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/weather/128x128
    XBMC uses the same weather logic as we do (0-47), I found a weather pack on their forums that has all the images for the different conditions..
    Just convert them to png using irfanview and replace current images.

image pack from xbmc forums: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

apoptygma

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    I really love this, Got it working with weather and RSS but Twitter doesn't seem to work (I'll keep tinkering) has anyone done a Homescreen for Blue3 with it? I generally use this instead of StreamedMP

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    I really love this, Got it working with weather and RSS but Twitter doesn't seem to work (I'll keep tinkering) has anyone done a Homescreen for Blue3 with it? I generally use this instead of StreamedMP

i also will love to us it in blue3wide homescreen...
    thanks,
    ysmp

apoptygma

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Ok got it working on Blue3 now, did a bit of a cut+paste from Blue3++'s RSS Ticker support. seems nice, I've got two lines of text now that show a Twitter feed (made my HTPC it's own Twitter account and set it to 'follow' a few things) and an RRS of movie releases. Really happy with this addon thankyou :)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you for a great plugin. I got almost everything to work. My only problem is that "#day4label" is not resolved into the day like all the other day labels are. Instead it displays the "#day4label" in the skin.... Can you please have a look at it?

What I mean is that #day2label, #day3label, #day5label are all fine and puts the correct day in my skin but the #day4label puts the text #day4label...

best regards
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread