*ORIGINAL THREAD* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather (1 Viewer)

apoptygma

Portal Pro
November 14, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country
Here's how I set mine up.

Weather just under the logo, RSS is the top line then Twitter on the bottom line

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks illStyle!

I've uploaded a new version of InfoService with the support for multiple rss feed. See first post.

Have fun :D

apoptygma

Portal Pro
November 14, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country
Thanks illStyle!

I've uploaded a new version of InfoService with the support for multiple rss feed. See first post.

I was going to ask if that was planned, but didn't need it enough to ask for it. Thank you again! Fantastic work, Hope you get a 'Hot plugins' header at some stage to draw attention to the potential of this plugin and get some people doing some skin support.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks illStyle!

I was going to ask if that was planned, but didn't need it enough to ask for it. Thank you again! Fantastic work, Hope you get a 'Hot plugins' header at some stage to draw attention to the potential of this plugin and get some people doing some skin support.
would be indeed nice, thanks :)

@all
I searching some internet sites who providing their data to xml files, like twitter.com and weather.com do. If you have some sites i'll try to add these to the plugin.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it planned to add the ability to actually read the RSS feed messages?
    I don't know how this would work technically, but it would be a really nice and (at least for me) missing feature of all those RSS plugins.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it planned to add the ability to actually read the RSS feed messages?
    I don't know how this would work technically, but it would be a really nice and (at least for me) missing feature of all those RSS plugins.

I though about that too, should be possible. But for that i need to make a ne window within mediaportal and skin that window.But at the moment i have absolutely no clue about skinning :/
    If someone can help me here out, just pm me or write here a reply.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi edsche, nice work - BUT your button must have these attributes to display the feed image:

<textureFocus>#rssimg</textureFocus>
    <textureNoFocus>#rssimg</textureNoFocus>

Just replace the <texture>#rssimg</texture> with these two lines - and than it will work perfect!!!
    :D for this great plugin!

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, thx. Now it looks much better :D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have several users of the xfactor skin that reports problems getting rss feed to work. And now one user reported this;
    I wonder if Info Service is a process or a window plugin. Because when tried to run it from "process" the configuration appeared in the "windows" section, and even though I'd configured it correctly, it showed nothing in MediaPortal. I solved it by copying the .dll to windows as well. It's really weird. But works.

I know that before the dll was in process plugins and now the installation instructions say it should be in windows plugins. Does anyone else have problems like this? I don't see these problems in any of my three installations of MP but as some end users now start to making bug reports of rss feed not working I'm getting worried.

This link is an example one user has reported as not working (rss feed) and this one does not work on my PC eighter;
    http://united.no/rss/feed/nyheter

Please advice!

best regards
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread