*ORIGINAL THREAD* InfoService v1.6 - Feed reader/Twitter reader and weather (2 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And here is my answer for PureVisionHD 2.3:

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
      Image3.jpg
      220.8 KB
    • common.rss.xml
      30.6 KB
    • infoservice.xml
      30.6 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi edsche,
    some questions regarding the 5-day-weather forecast: The weather condition for the first day (today) is in German, all other items in English. Is there an explanation for that or do you have to change something?

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi edsche,
    some questions regarding the 5-day-weather forecast: The weather condition for the first day (today) is in German, all other items in English. Is there an explanation for that or do you have to change something?

Oh yes you are right, thanks. Fixed that, see first post for new version ;)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    * is it me or the plugin cannot read rss image from the feed itself? edsche, could you add this please? :) if there is no image set and there is no image in the rss feed default one should be set (needs one additional png in skin folder)

* it would also be nice if the feed item images were set in the listcontrol icons.. if there is no image, default one should be shown (needs one more additional png in skin folder)..

* upon changing feed, take care of the #selecteditem property just like you take care of the #feeditemimage.. set it to text of the first item in the listcontrol

* related to above, take care of all the gui properties upon entering the window (onpageload). set them to the correct feed, first item

* it would be nice if there is option that rss ticker (#feedtitle) is independent of the rss feed selected.. for example, i want it to scroll xx items from every feed i have configured

* i have noticed some html encoding errors: – ‘ ’ perhaps some others..

rich110

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Error and MP Crash Using Plugin

I've recently started using your plugin instead of MP-RSS following support from some of my preferred skins (X-Factor and Monochrome). Trouble is, it cause MediaPortal to crash and throws up the following error:

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: mediaportal.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.2.42485
    Problem Signature 03: 4a04b3db
    Problem Signature 04: InfoService
    Problem Signature 05: 0.6.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4a2937c5
    Problem Signature 07: a8
    Problem Signature 08: 10f
    Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 5129

Read our privacy statement:
    Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

This occurs with versions 0.5, 0.6, 0.7 and 0.71 of the plugin, and with both skins mentioned above (I made sure to update the #rssfeed and #rssimg references for later versions of the plugin). Generally, after a clean install of the skins, the error occurs after about 30min of MP use (I think it may happen when either RSS or Weather refresh?). After the first crash however, the error occurs during the "Loading Windows Plugins" period of the MP loading sequence. I have tried having just the weather enabled, just the RSS enabled, and both enabled (I don't use twitter).

This is driving me crazy. It's happening on a Vista 32bit (with SP2) machine that was only installed about 2 weeks ago. Running MP 1.0.2. Any ideas?

Cheers, Rich

ivanskj

Portal Member
    June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I've recently started using your plugin instead of MP-RSS following support from some of my preferred skins (X-Factor and Monochrome). Trouble is, it cause MediaPortal to crash and throws up the following error:

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:

This occurs with versions 0.5, 0.6, 0.7 and 0.71 of the plugin, and with both skins mentioned above (I made sure to update the #rssfeed and #rssimg references for later versions of the plugin). Generally, after a clean install of the skins, the error occurs after about 30min of MP use (I think it may happen when either RSS or Weather refresh?). After the first crash however, the error occurs during the "Loading Windows Plugins" period of the MP loading sequence. I have tried having just the weather enabled, just the RSS enabled, and both enabled (I don't use twitter).

This is driving me crazy. It's happening on a Vista 32bit (with SP2) machine that was only installed about 2 weeks ago. Running MP 1.0.2. Any ideas?

Cheers, Rich

The same happens to me, It crashes mediaportal daily, not as often as each 30 minutes though.:(

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:

Cheers, Rich

@rich110 and ivanskj.:Ok, i must look into that, when im at home. Can you send me your MediaPortal.log ? Would be nice if you set the Debug level in MediaPortal->Configuration->General->Debuglevel to Debug and run MediaPortal till it crashes. But you can send me your normal MediaPortal.log without debug level too, but with debug level its easier for me. It would be also good if you send me your used feed url.

* is it me or the plugin cannot read rss image from the feed itself? edsche, could you add this please? if there is no image set and there is no image in the rss feed default one should be set (needs one additional png in skin folder)

* it would also be nice if the feed item images were set in the listcontrol icons.. if there is no image, default one should be shown (needs one more additional png in skin folder)..

* upon changing feed, take care of the #selecteditem property just like you take care of the #feeditemimage.. set it to text of the first item in the listcontrol

* related to above, take care of all the gui properties upon entering the window (onpageload). set them to the correct feed, first item

* it would be nice if there is option that rss ticker (#feedtitle) is independent of the rss feed selected.. for example, i want it to scroll xx items from every feed i have configured

* i have noticed some html encoding errors: – ‘ ’ perhaps some others..
    First thanks for the suggestions ;)
    First point: The plugin reads the url in the enclosure tag of a rss 2.0 feed. I dont found a comparable tag in rdf and atom feeds

Second point: Should be possible, only thing i need is a default image file.

Third point: Thanks i add it to the next version.

Fourth point: Next version :p

Fifth point: i think to do that i'll add a new property named #feedalltitles or somethin.

And the last point: Can you send me your feed url, where you found these html erros?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    :)

first point: this feed has image: 24sata - najnovije vijesti but the image is not displayed.. i have to download it and set it manually.. related to this if there is no rss feed image set manually or there is none in the rss feed itself, default one should be shown..

fifth point: also add parameter where you can choose the number of titles from each feed..

last point: http://www.nu.nl/feeds/rss/internet.rss it was this feed url but i don't know if the data is still there

btw, why can't i increase number of titles displayed? i choose 25 but the plugin always defaults back to 10..

Users who are viewing this thread