dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

It would be nice to have an OSD when increasing or decreasing volume.
    Oh and a mute indicator.
    A nice slider bar which moves after each key press would be nice also.

DMAN.

twerq

February 17, 2005
    I'll back this up -- this is one of the most obvious features that is clearly missing.

For those of us that use the system volume control via MediaPortal, please show an OSD graphical meter to let us know the volume %.

Thanks!

graemef

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2004
    Perth
    Home Country
    Almost toasted my speakers the other day because this was not available, had no idea what the volume was at and hit play.

pinkus

Portal Member
    March 10, 2005
    Can I ask that if this does get implemented that its an option that can be disabled, I use Girder and use the volume display through that for everyting on my HT box so having it in MP, though a good idea, may be overkill for a few people.

Damdy-Cash

Portal Member
    February 23, 2005
    Langenfeld
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    also nice in this feature: the ability too give a fix Volume for the Startup. That meens, if you have sett the Volume at the last playing very loud, there is no Problem at the next Startup when there is a way too fix the Loudness always on the same point, for example at 50%.
    This is a standard by the Home- Theatre- Receivers.

Regards Damdy

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, I endorse this request too - an OSD that displays the volume setting in % and that commences at a preset % (say 30%) everytime MP is started.... :D

Thiesen

Portal Member
    April 3, 2005
    Count me in on this one too... :)

Better yet; make it configurable what part of the Windows mixer you want to change (ie the master volume or the wave volume and so on)

I'll give you an example:

I am using an Pinnacle PCTV/Pro tv-tuner and I route the sound from the line-out to the line-in on the integrated soundchip on my motherboard (Asus K8N). When I want to watch some tv then the volume change will affect only the line-in on the soundcard. When I switch to watch a movie the volume changer will affect the wave-thing.

All this should ofcourse be configurable.

M

Mirrha

Me too!

I prefer a number on a scale of 1-25 for the volume indicator as in MCE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Bitstreaming E-AC3 DE
    I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs with MP 1.30. Everything connected with HDMI. I have lav-filters setup to bitstream EVERY format. If I don't do this, I get a very unimpressive result from all my sources: very low volume, use of only a...
    I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs...
    I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom