OSD status of volume (1 Viewer)

ezeew

Portal Member
May 15, 2005
Germany
Agree said:
The volume OSD is not only on zap, it shows when u adjust the volume or stay visible on volume mute.
greets

For me, the volume OSD stays visible forever after the first display.
E.g. if I turn on live TV, it is not displayed. After I change the volume, it is displayed forever.

MP Version: CVS 24-June-2005

d4v3

Portal Member
April 4, 2005
UK
ezeew said:
Agree said:
The volume OSD is not only on zap, it shows when u adjust the volume or stay visible on volume mute.
greets

For me, the volume OSD stays visible forever after the first display.
E.g. if I turn on live TV, it is not displayed. After I change the volume, it is displayed forever.

MP Version: CVS 24-June-2005

Same here, never goes away.

Damdy-Cash

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
Langenfeld
Home Country
Germany Germany
Agree (I think you work on this point):

Is there a way to make the steps for in- and deacrease Volume smaler?

I Use my HTPC as an Pre- Pro and give the Sound to an Power-Amplifier, so i have no other way to control the Volume. The Steps at this Point are to big and i have allways not the right Volume.

Thanks Damdy

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Is there a way to make the steps for in- and deacrease Volume smaler?

I have code waiting to be checked in after the pre-release period is over. It will maintain current behaviour by default with the option to use a preset logarithmic volume table but possibly of most interest will be completely custom volume tables (for instance, you could have just three volume stages, very quiet, normal and loud as examples).

Visually nothing will change, the OSD portion will function as before.

Cheers,
Smirnoff.

Damdy-Cash

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
Langenfeld
Home Country
Germany Germany
Smirnoff said:
I have code waiting to be checked in after the pre-release period is over. It will maintain current behaviour by default with the option to use a preset logarithmic volume table but possibly of most interest will be completely custom volume tables (for instance, you could have just three volume stages, very quiet, normal and loud as examples).

Visually nothing will change, the OSD portion will function as before.

Cheers,
Smirnoff.

Hi Smirnoff and thanks for your quick reply.
Because i not fully understand your answer (my bad english) i must ask once more.
With release 0.1.3. there is a ability to customize the working of the volume. In my case i make the steps shorter, and have a finer volume- tunning?

That be the point i asking and waiting for.

Thanks and best regards Damdy

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
With release 0.1.3

It will not be in the 0.1.3.0 release because CVS is currently frozen with respect to new code, only checking-in for bug fixes is permitted. It will however be available in the daily CVS builds within a matter of days of the 0.1.3.0 release.

a ability to customize the working of the volume

Thats correct, you will be able to specify your own steps - from super small to massive.

Cheers,
Smirnoff.

Damdy-Cash

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
Langenfeld
Home Country
Germany Germany
Smirnoff said:
a ability to customize the working of the volume

Thats correct, you will be able to specify your own steps - from super small to massive.

Cheers,
Smirnoff.

Thats very great!! Thanks a lot!! I see, the time is ending, that my wife can fret about it :)

Beste regards Damdy

Damdy-Cash

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
Langenfeld
Home Country
Germany Germany
in the latest cvs now is a volume table in the General- Config. Thank you.
I will test it.
btw: is there a short cut for mute?

Best Regards Damdy

Damdy-Cash

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
Langenfeld
Home Country
Germany Germany
now I have test a little bit.
I have set the value to Logarithmic. In the first three bars of the Volume osd, there three steps to in- and decrease the volume. Higher then 3 there are only 1 step pro bar. Is this right? Another point, when I go to mute with decrease the volume, at the end there is a whisper no fully mute, the red bars are on.

I have reed the Wiki htttp://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/manual:setup:volume , and now playing a little bit with the custom settings.
And a question from my previous Post: Is there a mute short- cut? I have take a look in the config but cant find anything.

One suggestion for the volume- tab: A default set for the start- up Volume be very nice to have. No matter what setting was at the last use of MP, the next time there is the volume set to standard. A loud setting from the last use, can not make any problem.

Greets Damdy

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Higher then 3 there are only 1 step pro bar. Is this right? Another point

That is a visual thing that I was hoping wouldn't be too much of a problem but work has been done this afternoon to match the visuals to the steps.

at the end there is a whisper no fully mute

The same as above applies here also.

Is there a mute short- cut?

We're deciding on which key to use for this, M would be the ideal but that conflicts with M for menu while watching DVDs. In the meantime you can map a key to the mute action in Configuration->Keys & Sounds.

A default set for the start- up Volume be very nice to have.

Thats not a bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread