Pinnacle PCTV USB-XE not supported?? (1 Viewer)

Montana

October 21, 2005
I have a Pinnacle PCTV USB-XE (USB 2.0) but the application wont recognize it as a TV-Tuner.

So my questions are, is it not supported at all?

And, will it be supported?

Sincerely

Monty

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Unlikely although I could not find an english web page on the product it looks like a software encoding device which is generally not what we support.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It didn't find my ceton eth6 tuners. MP1 uses them, windows 10 and 11 see them but TV Mosaic doesn't see anything and there doesn't appear to be a way to make it.
    It didn't find my ceton eth6 tuners. MP1 uses them, windows 10 and 11 see them but TV Mosaic doesn't see anything and there...
    I was looking at moving from MP1 to MP2 and noticed that TV-Mosaic was the tvprovider of choice now. I followed the instructions...
    Replies
    Views
    I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO GPIO driver. Installing that appears to have solved the remote problem. Who knew? Thanks to all who contributed to my solution.
    I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO...
    I just upgraded my HTPC to a 12th gen Core i5 CPU and Windows 11 running MP 1.30 (Ukraine). It works well except for two minor...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 recording video DE
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button. Doesn't always work though, my guess is it won't on protected vids but it is the only thing I have found other than the excellent download capability of Online Videos when available.
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button...
    so really looking for an open source program that will record streams on the computer. not really found one that works well yet...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 PiP audio problem DE
    I was with TeamViewer on his PC and could see the issues myself. I think it worked sometimes, if the rpogram had only 1 audio stream, but never with multiple audio streams. On my PC I tried to reproduce it and it always worked as expected. LAV is set everywhere and we tried with WASAPI and DirectSound, it makes no difference...
    I was with TeamViewer on his PC and could see the issues myself. I think it worked sometimes, if the rpogram had only 1 audio...
    Still trying to solve this: I get no audio from the second picture in PiP mode. Log files of my attempting to do so are attached...
    Replies
    Views
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be displayed in that application. This does not happen with MP2. If I try to open a .ts file (or any other video file type associated with Media Portal) rather than displaying the recording it merely opens...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom