PIP with MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

cjq

May 30, 2007
Home Country
I have just setup a new HTPC with twin Haupauge tuners and running Vista Media centre.

I'm a bit disapointed that I can't use PIP feature in Vista MC.

Does MediaPortal have the PIP feature?

Charles

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    No, sadly it doesn't. Many people have asked for it but there is only so much the Developers can do with their limited time.
    AFAIK, MythTV is the only true HTPC software that can do PIP.
    So if it is essential for you, I guess you have 2 choices, join the Devs and code PIP for us (please) or run MythTV...

BTW. Welcome to Mediaportal :)

Cheers,

Nick Name.

f0rmula

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2006
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've used MythTV for ages. I had picture in picture working too.

I went, "oooooooh, that's really cool." and never used it again.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 PiP audio problem DE
    @Brownard the user @Nordfinn reminded me in the MP2.5 release thead, that he still has this issue. I could not reproduce it as mentioned above, but could confirm the issue on his PC. Have you ever face the problem yet?
    @Brownard the user @Nordfinn reminded me in the MP2.5 release thead, that he still has this issue. I could not reproduce it as...
    Still trying to solve this: I get no audio from the second picture in PiP mode. Log files of my attempting to do so are attached...
    Replies
    Views
    You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and check.
    You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and...
    I don't have a TV card in my HTPC setup, so I really only use plugins that browse and show media files, like MP TV-Series, Moving...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.31.0 Cannot view Changelog anymore DE
    Hi all, I don't frequently update my MediaPortal and before seeing if it's really useful I used to browse the Changelog to determine if this update is necessary for my system or not. Today I wanted to check the Changelog for version 1.34 (1.31 installed on my system) and I was asked for a “Jira” login. I tried to use the same one as...
    Hi all, I don't frequently update my MediaPortal and before seeing if it's really useful I used to browse the Changelog to...
    Hi all, I don't frequently update my MediaPortal and before seeing if it's really useful I used to browse the Changelog to...
    Replies
    Views
    When my AVR bit the dust recently I took the opportunity to upgrade my projector to an LS11000 to gain 4K. Install went fine until I switched to my HTPC which is my primary source. When I switch to the HTPC the screen goes blank for a long time and then I have sound, no picture, and in the lower left hand corner: "Source: HDMI 1 Not...
    When my AVR bit the dust recently I took the opportunity to upgrade my projector to an LS11000 to gain 4K. Install went fine until...
    When my AVR bit the dust recently I took the opportunity to upgrade my projector to an LS11000 to gain 4K. Install went fine until...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom