Playing VCD .BIN files (1 Viewer)

Al_Ghazi

Portal Member
October 10, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The "My Videos" directory does not display .bin VCD files. I can play them in VLC, but cannot see them in MP. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

Thanks

Ghaz.

Al_Ghazi

Portal Member
October 10, 2006
Home Country
Oh man I knew I would get too old. I used to look at old people and think "How could they *not* get this"?? Now I just want to copy my bin files and have them work. I have reached the point of life where the technology hassle/benefit coefficent kicks in. This is where the hassle-factor of making the technology work exceeds the value of the desired outcome.

good thing I still have all those big plastic record albums... Daemon tools?

Ghaz.

Al_Ghazi

Portal Member
October 10, 2006
Home Country
Thanks for the tip. I installed DaemonTools and the Bin files show up in MP now.

I am able to mount the .bin files and retrieve info from the IMDB, but I am unable to play any of the .bin files. If I select a .bin file to play, MP does not play the file but instead displays a directory with four folders, (EXT, MPEGAV, SEGMENT and VCD).

Each of the directories is empty, except for one (MPEGAV) which as a file called AVSEQ01. This file also does not play.

Sorry for being such a sap, any further advice? I have many .bin files.

An oddity is that the .bin files are displayed as the first items in the list of files. So MP displays the .bin files alphabetically, and the subsequently displays other file formats alphabetically.

Ghz

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    also, you can just add .bin as movie extension in configuration. i played them that way (i don't have that many of those). same for iso files by the way. i guess it depends on the filter, menaing the codec you are using for the playback if it works.

reagan+carter

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    Nantes, FR
    I am able to mount the .bin files and retrieve info from the IMDB, but I am unable to play any of the .bin files. If I select a .bin file to play, MP does not play the file but instead displays a directory with four folders, (EXT, MPEGAV, SEGMENT and VCD).

sorry but this feature has been debated some time ago and is not likely to be integrated.
    see here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=725

Each of the directories is empty, except for one (MPEGAV) which as a file called AVSEQ01. This file also does not play.

Odd.

Does the file appear in the MP file structure? Try to register the .dat extension into MP if not already done
    Maybe you should first try to see if your file (avseq01.dat) plays using Windows Media Player.

Al_Ghazi

Portal Member
    October 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Maybe it is just me...

I can't get MP to play .bin files. I loaded the image filter and I double-checked and I am running the latest stable version of MP.

Should this filter be configurable? Not sure what happenes after install.

I think I am out of options. XBMC did this so well 0- I did not have to concern myself with file formats.

Anyone got another suggestion?

reagan+carter

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    Nantes, FR
    MediaPortal Core
    14/10/2006 [18:29h] micheloe added: Updated list of supported image file extensions for DaemonTools

Do you have this version from 14/10/2006? Maybe it is a fix to your problem

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have the exact same problem as Al_Ghazi. I am using MP 2.1.0. I have Daemon Tools installed. I have put both .bin and .dat files in the Movie Extensions in Conifguration. They play perfectly in WMP

So, my movies show up in Media Portal and when I select them, they mount automatically, but then MP opens a file folder listing the folders in the .bin file.

How do I get MP to play the .dat file which is inside a folder inside the .bin file?

Users who are viewing this thread