Please add support for http://www.tvcatchup.com/ (1 Viewer)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    That sounds good and shoudn't be too hard to write a util then.

RTMP playback is done via local proxy and delivered as http to a direct show graph. (Until someone writes a direct show filter for rtmp ;) )

dj_gerbil

Portal Member
    February 19, 2010
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nah, I can obfuscate all the important bits. I've just finished one in python to work with XBMC and that's even worse.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Austria Austria
    What's the point of obfuscating the api if you're offering it free of charge and even implement support in some of the major open source htpc software players yourself?

Not that I care since I'm not from the UK and can't use the service anyways...

dj_gerbil

Portal Member
    February 19, 2010
    It has something to do with Copywrite. We have to be seen to be making it secure, but at the same time, would like to get it on as many platforms as possible.

geriatrix

December 23, 2010
    I Know TVCatchup ceased for a while due to legal issues, but it's back up now, so it would be really good to be able to access it from MediaPortal. Please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    O Steps to achieve AV sync - please tell me I'm missing something General 0
    D Please help with getting Schedules Direct to work Newcomers Forum 10
    T [solved] MP2 Switch off visualisation when listening to audio....PLEASE!!! General 23
    S EPG timeshift advice needed please Electronic Program Guide 3
    1 [Pending] Feature Request: TV-Recording - more intelligence - like WMC please Feature Requests 9
    S Gpu/hdtv/mp setup help please Newcomers Forum 3
    T My trusted TBS 6922 DVB-S2 card won't work in new system....any ideas please!!? General Support 3
    ajs [solved] Add CI AppVeyour to github account MediaPortal 1 46
    M Add Radio channels and EPG to Mediaportal xmlTV 2
    horned_reaper [solved] Add support for Bluetooth events Improvement Suggestions 2
    ajs [WiP] 5030: Add UHD Thumb size to TV Server MediaPortal 1 0
    ajs [fixed] 5029: Add the ability to choose the type of pause for designers in the slideshow MediaPortal 1 4
    P MP 2 - Request to add an additional TV series Filename protocal Feature Requests 0
    raffe How to add 500+ streams? OnlineVideos 1
    T How to add missing buttons IR Server Suite (IRSS) 0
    R [solved] Moving pictures importer wont add files from a removable drive. Is there a work around ? Moving Pictures 8
    cbr954rr Possibillity to add more Movie Folders in Menu General 5
    ajs [solved] 4935: Add string.replace function to Skin engine MediaPortal 1 10
    haaitje Crashes when trying to add lyrics MPTagThat 0
    H Add site to home OnlineVideos 5
    E Can I add folder icons to my list of videos MediaPortal 1 Talk 9
    Timothy Cobb Mediaportal 2 Weather - Can't add Weather locations Plugin Development 5
    E How can I add some site to Online Video Plugin ? OnlineVideos 4
    J silly question: where do I add my login details!! OnlineVideos for MediaPortal 2 5
    horned_reaper [solved] HID commands are not processed when multiple applications with HID support are open General Support 16