Please add support for http://www.tvcatchup.com/ (1 Viewer)

dj_gerbil

Portal Member
February 19, 2010
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, My name's Chris (dj_gerbil) and I'm one of the 3rd party developers over at TVCatchup.com. I would be very interested in working with you on developing a plugin for you Mediacenter. I have already written one for XBMC and am working with Plex to develop one for them. If someone could please PM or email me then we can talk further. Thanks.

dj_gerbil

Portal Member
February 19, 2010
How so?? All the BBC do is give you their 8 live streams plus their radio stations and access to the last 7 days programs. TVCatchup offer 48 live TV streams and 43 Radio stations including some that are only available on freesat. They are also in the process in developing a recording application.

dj_gerbil

Portal Member
February 19, 2010
No probs. Can anyone point me in the right direction for idea's of how to go about building a plugin please?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    You don't need to write a full new plugin, you can just write another util for OnlineVideos. The code is available via svn checkout here:
    mp-onlinevideos2 - Project Hosting on Google Code
    A good starting point are the other Siteutils (folder sites), there are easy and more complex ones.

What API does tvcatchup offer for access other than a browser? RSS? Webservices?

dj_gerbil

Portal Member
    February 19, 2010
    It offers direct access for RTMP url generation, and list of thumbnails, channel names and what's on. I can't say much more then that as the API isn't Open Source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    O Steps to achieve AV sync - please tell me I'm missing something General 0
    D Please help with getting Schedules Direct to work Newcomers Forum 10
    T [solved] MP2 Switch off visualisation when listening to audio....PLEASE!!! General 23
    S EPG timeshift advice needed please Electronic Program Guide 3
    1 [Pending] Feature Request: TV-Recording - more intelligence - like WMC please Feature Requests 9
    S Gpu/hdtv/mp setup help please Newcomers Forum 3
    T My trusted TBS 6922 DVB-S2 card won't work in new system....any ideas please!!? General Support 3
    ajs [solved] Add CI AppVeyour to github account MediaPortal 1 46
    M Add Radio channels and EPG to Mediaportal xmlTV 2
    horned_reaper [solved] Add support for Bluetooth events Improvement Suggestions 2
    ajs [WiP] 5030: Add UHD Thumb size to TV Server MediaPortal 1 0
    ajs [fixed] 5029: Add the ability to choose the type of pause for designers in the slideshow MediaPortal 1 4
    P MP 2 - Request to add an additional TV series Filename protocal Feature Requests 0
    raffe How to add 500+ streams? OnlineVideos 1
    T How to add missing buttons IR Server Suite (IRSS) 0
    R [solved] Moving pictures importer wont add files from a removable drive. Is there a work around ? Moving Pictures 8
    cbr954rr Possibillity to add more Movie Folders in Menu General 5
    ajs [solved] 4935: Add string.replace function to Skin engine MediaPortal 1 10
    haaitje Crashes when trying to add lyrics MPTagThat 0
    H Add site to home OnlineVideos 5
    E Can I add folder icons to my list of videos MediaPortal 1 Talk 9
    Timothy Cobb Mediaportal 2 Weather - Can't add Weather locations Plugin Development 5
    E How can I add some site to Online Video Plugin ? OnlineVideos 4
    J silly question: where do I add my login details!! OnlineVideos for MediaPortal 2 5
    horned_reaper [solved] HID commands are not processed when multiple applications with HID support are open General Support 16