Poll: Do you use MP with monitor, LCD-TV, Plasma? (1 Viewer)

What kind of display do you use with Media Portal?

• Total voters

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Hi all,

I would like to know with what kind of display u use or intend to use mediaportal.

As i wrote in another post, I use it with an ordinary 68 cm (26.7" inch) 4:3 TV-Set.

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

I use both LCD displays in various rooms, and an LCD projector in my theater room. You might consider including projection devices in any subsequent polls.

There are plenty of folks out there interested in your project as a front end for their home theater. DVD quality (playing from disk and HD) and ease of use are top priorities for me.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    mmh, your right. Didn´t think of projection, though this is really lying on the hand. Can´t change the poll anymore, sorry.

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

No worries, It's early in the process so such considerations still have time to develop. It has excellent prospects. Once the port is completed and major bugs are removed it's going to give other HTPC front ends a real run for thier money.

A

Anonymous

i use a 15" lcd for desktop & osd
    and sony-beamer or tv for video/dvd & visualizations.

A

Anonymous

I haven't voted in the poll, cause the option is missing:

I'm using LCD + CRT at the same time (laptop + old used CRT next to sofa)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
    I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.3 New MP User: Setup Help DE
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own configuration tool you need to select "MediaPortal" as the output destination (or something like that). So this might be worth checking (just in case I have remembered it correctly). -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own...
    Hello, I am a new MP user. I recently installed MP2.3 on a HTPC running Win 7 64 bit. I have an networked Silicon Dust HDHR3-US...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Replies
    Views
    • Poll
    Yes, it is, since a long time. I've used it for some years and still use it. Only the client plugin was not successfully ported to MP2. One glitch is still existing in the server plugin, you need to trigger the search manually. Normally it should run automatic but this did not work, at least not for me... Even without automatic...
    Yes, it is, since a long time. I've used it for some years and still use it. Only the client plugin was not successfully ported to...
    Hello, I am a long time user of Windows Media Center. I still use it even on Windows 10. This is getting more difficult with every...
    Replies
    Views
    I think, for start a pull request would be also good :)
    I think, for start a pull request would be also good :)
    I've been testing changes I made to MP2's TvEngine that allows the user to have more control on how the three series schedule types...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom