Pressing the Music icon does nothing (1 Viewer)

beatnut88

Portal Pro
January 15, 2012
Home Country
Pressing the Music icon does nothing. The screen just flickers once but fails to load the music file list. Logs are attached. looking forward to your response.
Thanks
Neil

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Neil

Your original question is a bit vague. Which icon are you referring to?

From the logs I might guess that this message means an error is occurring when you select whatever icon it is that you're selecting:
    [2014-08-05 19:05:31,084] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicFiles.ResetShares()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Settings.SettingsSharesHelper.SaveSettings(String section)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Settings.GUIShareFolders.SaveSettings()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Settings.GUIShareFolders.OnPageDestroy(Int32 newWindowId)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

Cause? Absolutely no idea.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Interestingly it looks like you've disabled the music plugin:
    <section name="plugins">
    <entry name="Music">no</entry>
    <section name="pluginsdlls">
    <entry name="GUIMusic.dll">no</entry>
    <section name="myplugins">
    <entry name="Music">no</entry>
    <section name="pluginswindows">
    <entry name="MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicFiles">no</entry>

...but you're showing it in the home screen:
    <section name="home">
    <entry name="Music">yes</entry>

Unusual configuration. :confused:

beatnut88

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Didn't know I had done that. probably experimenting trying to fix it. Enabled it to no effect. In answer to mm - it's the Music icon on the main screen - TV, Video, Music etc. The whole screen flicks as if it is going into the selection but the main screen comes back.
    Neil

Users who are viewing this thread