PureVisionHD 1080 (7 Viewers)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

Touchscreen music album view coverflow does not work. You cannot flick the album cover left to right to scroll. Using the little finger slider doesn't move slow enough. You cannot therefore select an album you want to play. Also touching on album cover does nothing. Also selecting the menu arrow on left side immediately brings up the top menu item (as if its preselected), if you close it, it closes whole side menu rather than dropping you back into top level of side menu. Last of all, how to you go back to main menu, I couldn't see any buttons to press to go to home screen etc

Cheers,
Colin

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Colin,
    PureVisionHD and DefaultWideHD are the only skins made 100% mouse-compatible, therefore I thought it would be touchscreen-compatible as well ;)
    MP itself does not have any controsl/procedures to address touchscreens (which for a HTPC software is normal I think - there are no TVs with touchscreen, only a very few laptops/notebooks or PC monitors have touchscreens), so there are only mouse controls and ofc controls for keyboard and remote.
    As the mouse controls work with hover, did you try e.g. sliding your finger towards the menu arrow to open the side menu? And when it´s open, you should be able to touch the menu item you wish?
    Same goes for the topbar - sliding finger towards the top of the screen should open the topbar to select an item you want, e.g. return to BasicHome or to the last opened window.
    Last question: If you are in another view than coverflow, are you able to select an album to play it?
    Using the little finger slider doesn't move slow enough.
    That could be solved by making that scrollbar wider ;)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK, Catavolt,
    Now you've gone & done it: I've got major GIF-envy. (y)
    I want GIFs on all my tabs {Smart One theme} -or whatever they are called. Music, videos, Moving Pictures, etc. Is that possible? If so, is it just a matter of cutting/pasting the relevant xml section, from the TV file, across to the other sections? Or is it more challenging than that? If the former,
    if you could just direct me to the exact ?.xml file -for the TV- then I could experiment. Already have the TV one setup with a clip from Stargate SG-1:whistle:
    Already have some ideas for the others, especially music. If they weren't so big, I could have posted them here. The Stargate one is 52mb, in size -is somewhat larger in seconds, than the supplied ones.

One issue I have found; on previous skin, as well. Inside Moving Pictures -set to coverflow- if I try to navigate fast backwards (hold back button down, to move quickly to earlier files) then it skips all the way across, and opens up the left side context menu -the one with 'cycle view', 'change view...', 'Filter by...', etc. Very annoying, as I am forced to single-press back through individual files.
    PS. thanks for the skin update.:)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I want GIFs on all my tabs {Smart One theme} -or whatever they are called. Music, videos, Moving Pictures, etc. Is that possible?
    Nearly everthing is possible ;)
    To do so, there are a lot of changes to be done in different areas (xmls).
    1. The relevant entries in BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml must be set as in this example from TV section:
      XML:
      <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#TV1.background:Animations\BasicHome\3D-Leer.png</define>
    2. The relevant GIF must be stored in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\PureVisionHD 1080\Media\Animations\BasicHome, as for example TV section is "tv.gif".
    3. Now the last step: You need to add a property in the BasicHome.xml inside Themes/Smart One below the one with the description <description>TV Off image</description>.
    Lets make an example of this control for MyVideos:
    XML:
    <control>
          <description>VIDEO image</description>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>0</id>
          <posX>510</posX>
          <posY>225</posY>
          <width>1100</width>
          <height>470</height>
          <colordiffuse>ffffffff</colordiffuse>
          <texture>Animations\BasicHome\video.gif</texture>
          <animation effect="rotatey" time="0" center="1230,0" start="0" end="55" condition="true">conditional</animation>
          <animation effect="rotate" time="0" center="1230,0" start="0" end="4" condition="true">conditional</animation>
          <visible>skin.hassetting(#skin.categorybackgrounds.basichome)+string.contains(#highlightedbutton,VIDEO1)</visible>
          <shouldCache>true</shouldCache>
        </control>
    The value in the <string.contains(#highlightedbutton,VIDEO1)> must match the value from the BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml (in this case #VIDEO1) that you want to animate.
    So you change in BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml the entry
    <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#VIDEO1.background:Animations\BasicHome\videos.jpg</define>
    to
    <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#VIDEO1.background:Animations\BasicHome\3D-Leer.png</define>

Place the Video.gif in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\PureVisionHD 1080\Media\Animations\BasicHome,

Add the control
    XML:
    <control>
          <description>VIDEO image</description>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>0</id>
          <posX>510</posX>
          <posY>225</posY>
          <width>1100</width>
          <height>470</height>
          <colordiffuse>ffffffff</colordiffuse>
          <texture>Animations\BasicHome\video.gif</texture>
          <animation effect="rotatey" time="0" center="1230,0" start="0" end="55" condition="true">conditional</animation>
          <animation effect="rotate" time="0" center="1230,0" start="0" end="4" condition="true">conditional</animation>
          <visible>skin.hassetting(#skin.categorybackgrounds.basichome)+string.contains(#highlightedbutton,VIDEO1)</visible>
          <shouldCache>true</shouldCache>
        </control>
    to BasicHome.xml BELOW the existing one (with <description>TV Off image</description>), save all your changes, clear the skin cache, restart MP and enjoy ;)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Inside Moving Pictures -set to coverflow- if I try to navigate fast backwards (hold back button down, to move quickly to earlier files) then it skips all the way across, and opens up the left side context menu
    If this is a "standard" cover-flow panel (e.g. like the one in "Videos"), you can use the "Next Page" and "Previous Page" functions to scroll the covers horizontally by a "page". I have my remote control set up so that the CHANNEL_UP and CHANNEL_DOWN buttons act as "Previous Page" and "Next Page" respectively. I don't know whether this is the default definition.

I used "page" in quotes above as the scroll amount is actually half a page: the cover that is just off-screen is scrolled so that it is center-screen.

I have never used "Moving Pictures", so I don't know whether it has a standard cover-flow panel.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One issue I have found; on previous skin, as well. Inside Moving Pictures -set to coverflow- if I try to navigate fast backwards (hold back button down, to move quickly to earlier files) then it skips all the way across, and opens up the left side context menu
    Yup, design error from my side :oops: THX for finding (y)(y)(y)
    Changed all <onleft> and <onright> tags in the relevant facades ;)
    The left side menu in filmstrip/coverflow view will now open only if you go "up" ;)
    Just drop the content of the attached ZIP into your PVHD folder (overwrite existing xmls) ;)

Attachments

• Corrected facades PureVisionHD 1080.zip
      19.4 KB

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...I have my remote control set up so that the CHANNEL_UP and CHANNEL_DOWN buttons act as "Previous Page" and "Next Page" respectively. I don't know whether this is the default definition.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
    Wow! Thanks CyberSimian. I never know about the use of the CH + & - buttons. Works a treat.(y):)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yup, design error from my side :oops: THX for finding (y)(y)(y)
    Changed all <onleft> and <onright> tags in the relevant facades ;)
    The left side menu in filmstrip/coverflow view will now open only if you go "up" ;)
    Just drop the content of the attached ZIP into your PVHD folder (overwrite existing xmls) ;)
    Cheers. With CS's tip on the channel buttons, I now have two routes of navigation. Thanks(y)(y)

Re. the customising of the gifs, will get around to it, but not straight away. Thanks a million(y):)(y)

Will look at trying to cut video resolution, to see if I can get filesize down. If so, maybe able to post some.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    The nowPlaying overlay is global for all screens.
    The OnlineVideos layout has already been fixed for the next release ;)
    Hey, catavolt,
    Shouldn't this overlap been fixed for 1.25 ?
    OnlineVideos with PVHD 10.0 :

zz1.png

What about ? (no ofense, just for information, OFC ) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom