question about language (1 Viewer)

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Ok let me try a little more and should I find any difficulties I will come back here.

That's very king of you.

Tks.

I'm back with a new question.

I managed to change the menu strings on main home menu.

Now is it also possible to change sub-menus ??

For example I have changed watach : the sub-menus of watch are : videos . films, show times etc... etc....
Can I change those strings too ??

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yep, you can do them the same way - on the editor screen bottom line says 'Choose a window/menu to edit' - there is a drop down menu to select the sub menu (it displays Basic Home), there you will find a list of all sub menus to edit. That's how you can modify each item on any sub menu and also design the layout of buttons how you like.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    FYI.... I am working on a Klingon translation for aMPed.....

ya know.... so mother-in-laws can us aMPed too!

hilfer

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    So far I didn't find a way to change language of the sub menu strings such as :
    films, on line vids, tv shows, showtimes etc...

Some are already in the choosed language, so I think this as to be done somewhere else not on the basic home editor .Right ???

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So far I didn't find a way to change language of the sub menu strings such as :
    films, on line vids, tv shows, showtimes etc...

Some are already in the choosed language, so I think this as to be done somewhere else not on the basic home editor .Right ???
    Can you tell me where you are getting stuck? It seems you can edit the Watch sub menu, since you can see Films, OnlineVids etc.

I attached a screenshot:
    1. Select the Sub menu from the drop down list
    2. Double click the button, press advanced and enter what you want in the Label field (same as for Main menu items)
    You are correct that some Labels have numbers - those are the strings that MP already translates for you (but you can change those too). Any that have text in the Label field are in English so you can put whatever you like there.

Please let me know what part was not clear in the Wiki page: Basic Home Editor > Vintage so I can improve it. I know it is all in English and that is not everyone's first language, so if I can make the instructions simpler/clearer it would help others as well.

Attachments

• EditorSubMenu.png
      EditorSubMenu.png
      205.5 KB

hilfer

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Ok let's see if you understand what I want to do.

I can easily change the 5 main strings of the basic menu: watch,news , music , system, games.

Having changed for example watch into "imagens".
    Now when I open MP and I select "imagens" I see the following sub-menus:
    MUsic
    Radio
    Radio time
    lastfm
    search

etc--- etc... some of these labels are already on the main language that was selected (in my case portuguese) but some are not.

These are the strings that I would like to change, if possible , of course.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yep I think you were very clear when you gave the example of how to change strings for Films, Online Vids etc. So that is exactly what I explained how to do in the previous post - using Films as example in the screenshot. I am guessing that the part you are missing is that when you open the Editor (the same as you did to edit the Main Menu strings), you miss the option at the bottom to select the sub menus.

See the screenshot on the Wiki page I linked to under Edit Basic Menus:

=EditorSubMenus.png

Users who are viewing this thread