RAW Viewer im Mediaportal? (1 Viewer)

noxx2

Portal Pro
September 10, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi

im looking for a possibility to show raw-pictures (*pef / *.dng) in mediaportal.
perhaps anyone has a idea to add lightroom-libraries in mediaportal (or use
codecs from other raw-viewer like picasa).

best regards

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Part of the issue is that not all RAW files are created equal. This is evident when you see the update logs for apps like Adobe Lightroom. There will often be a 0.1 version increase just to support a couple of new cameras from existing manufacturers. As the sensors change, so does the RAW format. The only exception to this is the Adobe DNG open raw format. But I don't really thing anyone actually uses it.

Different RAW viewers also produce very different results. Picasa for example always previews images from me 350D and 40D very dark, where as Lightroom shows they closer to what I would expect them to be.

Although I would be nice to point mediaPortal or a plugin to be photo library and have everything available, I would be far more likely to just point it to a "published" location and only put JPEG copies of the photos I would actually want to view again or show poeple (only about 10% of the photos I take are good enough. This is very common amongst the pro's and semi-pro's I know).

You could always just get your camera to save as RAW+JPEG and point MP to your library. If you make any alterations to the RAW in something like Lightroom, then just export again over the top of the JPEG from the camera.

narsor

Portal Member
    August 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Check pictures plugin section, I have created a plugin that can display RAW files (most of them), as well as standard pictures like jpg, bmp etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom