[Bug] [RC2]Switching HD channels fails random (1 Viewer)

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    if i get the error i will collect logs

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Hi, today it happened.

MP did some cycle iterations with pat change and then returns to normal stage automatically

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    The previously posted StreamingServer did not do what it was supposed to do. Instead of ensuring seeking never ends up before the target seek point, it ensured it ensured it never ended up after the target seek point. :oops:

I have attached a new StreamingServer that hopefully does it correctly this time. Please try again and post your logs.

Attachments

• StreamingServer.zip
      30.6 KB

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The previously posted StreamingServer did not do what it was supposed to do. Instead of ensuring seeking never ends up before the target seek point, it ensured it ensured it never ended up after the target seek point. :oops:

I have attached a new StreamingServer that hopefully does it correctly this time. Please try again and post your logs.

Haha. I was allready thinking that it was worse than before actually.

I shall test as soon as possible. And with logs of course.

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi. I've tested the last dll. I still get the problem, but perhaps with a slight improvement. I would say about 1 in 10 switches going wrong.

The logs below contain a test with the failure in the last channel switch.

Mithrandir

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    benjerry

Just a quick question in between; Are you sure you only have this with regards to HD channels?
    Since RC2 i have extremely similar issues but in my case I have DVB-C/Ziggo and have the issue with a specific set of SD channels. (Basically almost all NL commercial channels, everything else works fine).

Time shifting backward/forward solved the freeze in my cases as well.

My setup isn't supported by media portal so I can't help out with logs (In NL you only have two options for dvbc nowadays. floppydtv or anysee with mdapi). However I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with my setup itself.

kjd01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2009
    The logs that I submitted when I was confirming the problem where SD to SD. The title of the thread really should be changed because it is not HD specific as far as I am concerned.

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @benjerry

Just a quick question in between; Are you sure you only have this with regards to HD channels?
    Since RC2 i have extremely similar issues but in my case I have DVB-C/Ziggo and have the issue with a specific set of SD channels. (Basically almost all NL commercial channels, everything else works fine).

Time shifting backward/forward solved the freeze in my cases as well.

My setup isn't supported by media portal so I can't help out with logs (In NL you only have two options for dvbc nowadays. floppydtv or anysee with mdapi). However I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with my setup itself.

I'm not sure that it's only HD channels in my case. It's what I noticed first, because the all main dutch channels are now in HD on satellite and I didn't put the SD versions in the list. I shall do some testing later.

Btw, I have the problem both in supported and unsupported way. ;)

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    The logs that I submitted when I was confirming the problem where SD to SD. The title of the thread really should be changed because it is not HD specific as far as I am concerned.

I agree with that. It is not related to HD only, but to SD too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom