RED DOT recording state doesn't appear in video fullscreen playing (2 Viewers)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    If it's only 'adding 3 lines in MP code' why not just do that yourself and try it?
    "adding 3 lines" is just an expression, maybe it's 300 lines, maybe only 1, I don't know.
    Questions are :
    - Is making "IsRecording" public inside TVServer enough ?
    And if yes, will it work in multi-seats case ?
    OR
    - Should it be integraded in g_player ?
    OR
    - Would we prefer to make it each times MP client do actions where media fullscreen is possible ?
    And if it is this choice retained, what about others 3rd parts plugins (OnlineVideos, maybe VLC,...) for manage red dot ?
    OR
    - Other.....

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is making "IsRecording" public inside TVServer enough ?

It's the 'TV' client plug-in you should be looking at, not the 'server' part (which may be local or remote). But the TV plug-in source code is part of the 'TvEngine3' project - see MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1

And if yes, will it work in multi-seats case ?

The client and server communicate via the OS network stack, so it should work the same for all configurations (in theory).

Remember that the TV plug-in is an optional feature of the MP client - it might not be installed or enabled, so whatever you implement must behave correctly (e.g. not crash or throw error exceptions) when the TV plug-in is not present, TV Server is not installed, not running, or not available on the network.

I think if you work out how the TV plug-in updates the 'red dot' indicator information in the skin engine (when it's the foreground activity in the GUI), that will give you a big clue how to extend that to the other players, My *guess* is that it has a periodic task running from a thread which queries TV Server and/or the TV database for the recording status.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    TVClient -polls the server constantly, I at the top gave an example of how to fill the property to show the red dot. This property will be available globally in the Media Portal. I just can not check. But there are changes - two lines.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    LMH use the some method for detect active record, as I proposed to do in the MP, if make the above changes, the property will work without LMH.

--

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Hmmm, maybe bad build by TeamCity? Or? Error in log?

--

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom