RED DOT recording state doesn't appear in video fullscreen playing (3 Viewers)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Wow -- things are changing so quickly, I can hardly keep up. :eek:
    To summarise where I think we are now (thanks to the changes from @ajs):

(1) If LMH is installed, the skin can show details of the currently-active recordings by using the built-in skin variables created and updated by LMH; this includes such info as:
    channel name, programme title, start time, end time.

(2) If LMH is not installed, the built-in skin variable "#TV.Record.Active" can be tested in a skin expression in order to alter the panel appearance (e.g. display a red dot):
    <texture>#(iif(eq(#TV.Record.Active,'true'),red_dot.png,empty.png))</texture>

(3) If LMH is not installed, the visibility condition "Player.Recording" can be used to alter the visibility of controls (e.g. make a red dot visible):
    <visible>Player.Recording</visible>

I think that it is of benefit to skin authors for both (2) and (3) to be supported, and I am glad that @ajs has done so. (y) :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If LMH is not installed, the built-in skin variable "#TV.Record.Active" can be tested in a skin expression in order to alter the panel appearance (e.g. display a red dot):
    <texture>#(iif(eq(#TV.Record.Active,'true'),red_dot.png,empty.png))</texture>
    Can also be used as visibility tag like player.recording :whistle:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can also be used as visibility tag like player.recording :whistle:
    I have just scanned the xml files for "DefaultWideHD" looking for VISIBLE tags. There are lots of occurrences of "string.equals()" and "string.contains()" (y), but I also found three occurrences of a skin variable being used directly:

Code:
    ARGUS_RecordedRadio2.xml:      <visible>#Radio.RecordedTV.Diskinfo.PercentageUsed</visible>
    ARGUS_RecordedTv2.xml:      <visible>#TV.RecordedTV.Diskinfo.PercentageUsed</visible>
    MyMusicPlayingNowLedVU.xml:      <visible>#spectrumanalyzer.vumeter.available</visible>

Assuming that these actually work correctly, I am forced to: :notworthy:, followed by: :p.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Guys,

I want to thank you all for your great work.
    @catavolt : very skilled skin master.
    @ajs : Thanks for your work in MP code.
    Just if I can ? : Was it so terrific with or without 300 lines code ?
    @CyberSimian : Thanks for all your tests and sumarizes.
    I put it the last "MP production" I can see with changes :

zz1.png

And, I let you think if my first wonder was for my personal use, the users improvments or, devs, skinners ans users improvments.
    At the END, I hope all will benefit of it, I'm happy with that.
    In hope you will understand a bit more my state of mind (yes, I know, sometimes, it's not easy) :-D

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Changes there are a couple of lines, but I had to revise someone else's and unknown to me source code. And in the plugin that I do not need. Not interesting. And which I do not use :) I accidentally found a good place that can be used to show the red dot. And this is thanks to the LMX plugin, if it were not for it, then I could not add this function.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Well , I don't know [F11] story, sorry may be I'm too old, forum, 15 years ago wasn't so sophisticated.
    And, if [F11] is for glory or something like that, seriously, between us, I don't care and, do it if you need, do it for yourself it's not that important for me.
    If it's not the case then, moderators or forum's admin will do what is necessary, I'm sure, forum admin I knew one in the past was a better skilled one.
    Now, we have a good, "rock stable" IsRecording" inside real MP and, that's GREAT.
    Just remember olders posts, what do you think for others variables ? Should it be managed in LMH or, in another new plugin ? (may be can I help you a bit with that...)
    And, if the response is "YOU" don't have to say what MP devs has to do then, I will never help more and please, to admins and all MP team, remove me to your forum.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Just remember olders posts, what do you think for others variables ?
    I do not quite understand what properties are in question. :(
    Should it be managed in LMH or, in another new plugin ?
    :whistle::D I dont know :)
    And, if the response is "YOU" don't have to say what MP devs has to do then, I will never help more and please, to admins and all MP team, remove me to your forum.
    I do not know English well, I write through Google translator. Therefore, I do not always correctly express myself. I have nothing against you. On the contrary, thanks for the help. But if you can make changes and improve the media portal, then I will be glad. :coffee:
    Well , I don't know [F11] story
    Press [F11] and look "%USERPROFILE%\Pictures\MediaPortal Screenshots\" :)
    And post like:
    22-45-19.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom