1.25.0 Refresh rate incorrectly reported and set (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    wait, is this only for recordings, or also with live streams?
    @doskabouter Sorry, it is for live streams only. I wasn't thinking at the moment :oops:

TBH I never thought about the live TV recordings but it does detect them correctly.
    Code:
    [2020-12-17 11:14:47,346] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - RefreshRateChanger.AdaptRefreshRate: framerate on file D:\Recording\Live with Kelly and Ryan - S5E74 - Live's Family Cooking Week.ts is 29.97
    [2020-12-17 11:14:47,348] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - g_Player.Play(D:\Recording\Live with Kelly and Ryan - S5E74 - Live's Family Cooking Week.ts Recording)
    [2020-12-17 11:14:47,349] [Log    ] [SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS thread] [INFO ] - RefreshRateChanger.SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS: current refreshrate is 60hz - changing it to 30hz

Mediainfo.dll - 20.9.0.0
    Mediainfo.Wrapper.dll - 20.9.2.0

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    yes, a short one please
    As I responded to doskabouter in post #31 above, I wasn't thinking properly at the time I asked you about the recording. But MP does detect the refresh rate properly in recorded video so, it is probably not helpful in troubleshooting this problem I think. But maybe you want it for something else so I will attach the one I made.

NOTE: after I recorded this I noticed that this recording had a frame rate of "59.940 (60000/1001) FPS" but was detected by MP as 25Hz (instead of 60Hz). I never knew this before so I mention it now. Probably @doskabouter already assumed this though.

Attachments

• TMZ Live - S9E74.zip
      34.3 MB

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I will try to recreate rtsp loop stream from file and put this url to tv dvbip card.

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Ah yes, that makes sense. It does happen with dvbip inputs too.

Your english sounds pretty good to me. Much better than my spanish, which is horrible despite living in Chile for 5 years :LOL:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    so the recording was reported at 25fps when watching it live? Or when watching the recording itself?

Perhaps that was why originally every part of mediaportal refused to do anything mediainfo-related to livestreams.
    Still think there was a valid reason that things are the way they were.
    The fact that I managed to fix it on my side (only ip-tv) doesn't mean it works everywhere.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    @doskabouter I just did a lot of testing just to make sure what I was seeing is what I saw lol.

About the recording, I started it about 10 times in a row and every time it reported correctly at 59.94. I don't believe there is any problem with recordings.

On both ota and iptv though, it fails, but not every time. I wasn't testing enough earlier to notice this. So this time, I switched back and forth between the OTA channel and the IPTV channel several times. Sometimes it will detect properly (i.e. 29.97 or 59.94), other times it detects wrong (always 25).

In the log I attached, "live5-0" is OTA and "live11" is IPTV.

I tested this with both the 5322 and the 5346 versions of the Mediainfo.dll and both give the same results. I've attached the log for the 5322 version.

Also, I'm not sure what is happening at line 1492... it reports the Frame rate as 0 and goes on to change the refresh rate to 60 (is that because 60 is my default setting?)

Let me know if you want me to try something else.

Attachments

• MediaPortal-5322.log
      509.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom