Not open for further replies.

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When will 1.3 Alpha be released? The roadmap still says 01.06.2012.

Last edited by a moderator:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have started to write a 1.3.0 A related news that will explain a bit what caused the delay. This news will go live in a few days (need developers to finish up some documentation first).

We are working very hard on MP 1.3.0 A (the just a few weeks old team internal thread for the final work on it is closing in on passing 90pages - we are not idling ;)).

I can fully understand that the community can't wait to get their hands on 1.3.0 Alpha, but we have to unsure that we deliver a proper release, not some git snapshot that isn't working properly. :)

Last edited:

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    I can fully understand that the community can't wait to get their hands on 1.3.0 Alpha, but we have to unsure that we deliver a proper release, not some git snapshot that isn't working properly. :)

C'mon it's an alpha version. Noone expects a fully working release and even those who compiled a git version are happy.
    What would be left for testing if everything works as it should ..

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

C'mon it's an alpha version. Noone expects a fully working release and even those who compiled a git version are happy.

But I want it as stable as possible so that I can use it on my productive system. :)

mpsam

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2009
    Holzi
    But I want it as stable as possible so that I can use it on my productive system. :)

True. True. Wifes like pretty themes too.
    ;)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

It will be an alpha, it won't be fully stable.
    But we also do not want to break more extensions than really necessary. Thats what we were working on very hard during the last weeks - and documenting the changes.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I believe I read that the problems were down to 3 or so plugins causing problems correct?
    Just for my information, Isn't there a system that states that plugins are/are not compatible.
    Can't you just note these plugins as 'incompatible' and release the build??
    That would remove the pressure on the plugin people to upgrade them when they get round to it, AND the community get their release...

Just my 5p worth...

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If it was a couple of plugins imagine if one of those plugins was the basic home menu editors, or moving pics/online videos/tvseries. Imagine how many threads and posts and messages would be started with people asking for help etc, i'd imagine it would waste resources and time, time that could be spent making fixing these problems, rather than discussing them with non technical end users like us.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I believe I read that the problems were down to 3 or so plugins causing problems correct?
    That was how it looked initially. But majority of the other plugins just masked the breaking changes.

We are in talks with the extension devs and designers.
    1.3.0 alpha will be released once we are happy with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread