'RT News' not showing up in channel scan (1 Viewer)

downgrub

Portal Member
January 15, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have re scanned twice and its not showing up, is it under a different name or can someone tell me how to manually add it?

thanks

UK DVB-S2

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello downgrub

I'm sorry nobody has responded, but it is no surprise to me. You haven't supplied enough information for anybody to have even half a hope of helping you!
    • no logs so we can't see what is actually being found in the scan
    • no system specs in your profile so we can't tell what tuner you're using or if there is DiSEqC equipment involved
    • no comment about which satellite you're receiving from (there are lots of satellites receivable from the UK)
    Please help us to help you by always providing the relevant information!

To gather logs (takes less than two minutes), follow the instructions for non-reproducible problems -->here<--.
    Please do the other two things as well.

mm

downgrub

Portal Member
    January 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Hello downgrub

I'm sorry nobody has responded, but it is no surprise to me. You haven't supplied enough information for anybody to have even half a hope of helping you!
    • no logs so we can't see what is actually being found in the scan
    • no system specs in your profile so we can't tell what tuner you're using or if there is DiSEqC equipment involved
    • no comment about which satellite you're receiving from (there are lots of satellites receivable from the UK)
    Please help us to help you by always providing the relevant information!

To gather logs (takes less than two minutes), follow the instructions for non-reproducible problems -->here<--.
    Please do the other two things as well.

mm

thanks for reply mm, i was hoping someone would just take a screenshot of the tuning details and i could input them manually, i done another scan on tuner 1 and still it didn't show then i done a scan on tuner 2 and it found RT news :) though not RT HD, im not fussed about that. I just finished typing out all my system info, I will do the log when I encounter my next problem ;-0

thx again

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    thanks for reply mm, i was hoping someone would just take a screenshot of the tuning details and i could input them manually...
    Yeah, I understand that. The problem is that it is possible that RT is carried on more than one satellite. So at least knowing which satellite(s) you're looking at is critical. Additionally, if you have a DiSEqC switch in the loop then it is possible that copying somebody else's settings will not work.

i done another scan on tuner 1 and still it didn't show then i done a scan on tuner 2 and it found RT news :) though not RT HD, im not fussed about that. I just finished typing out all my system info, I will do the log when I encounter my next problem ;-0
    Now that I can see you're receiving from 28.2e, here are the basic settings for RT HD:

Frequency = 11224000 kHz
    Polarisation = vertical
    Modulation = not set
    Symbol Rate = 27500
    Inner FEC rate = 2/3
    Pilot = not set
    Roll Off = not set
    Service ID = 53148
    Network ID = 2
    Transport Stream ID = 2312
    PMT PID = 0
    Free To Air = ticked
    Provider = <anything you like>
    DiSEqC = <depends on your setup>

FYI:
    http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

mm

downgrub

Portal Member
    January 15, 2012
    Home Country
    I got RT HD now, thanks for the settings mm, ive bookmarked kingofsat for future ref :)

Users who are viewing this thread