SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Hi I've just followed your instructions to extract PowerDVD, CLVsd.ax from the Trial version available on the Cyberlink website - downloaded 2 days ago. However, when running SAF setup it pops up a screen that says my CLVsd.ax is not the latest version and quotes a newer version number (sorry didn't write it down)

Any idea where I can obtain this newer version?

mckzoo:confused:

PDVD on PDVDsite is outdated. Unlocked SAF will fix your "problem" ;-)

The above is from post #2564 of this thread, and the way I read it, Hoborg is implying that you need an unlocked SAF to fix the problem with having an outdated CLVsd.ax.

I've gone over the 1st post of this thread and read how to obtain CLVsd.ax via extraction from PowerDVD's trial software, and have done so.

Regardless, from what I can ascertain, you still need to PM hoborg with regard to an unlocked SAF (ie. to find out more about obtaining the most recent version of CLVsd.ax).

Therefore, unless someone corrects me, I believe those people "shouting" to stop PM'ing for an unlocked SAF, or telling people to read the first post, are wrong. So to those people, I'm gonna shout,

Stop telling people to stop PM'ing
    and
    Stop telling people to read the 1st post

because you're wrong!

All in good humour!
    Happy to be corrected though.
    :D:D:)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi Hoborg,

Would you be able to update the first post with instructions for using SAF with MP 1.0.2, specifically what is the last support release of SAF for 1.0.2. I'm not ready to take the plunge on my production system to 1.1.0 yet. Found a few niggling issues with 1.1.0 on my test system that I have not got to the bottom of.

You can use latest SAF with old MP. Old SAF only install directvobsub, there is no other limitation i think.

Karmaroms

Portal Member
    July 15, 2005
    Regardless, from what I can ascertain, you still need to PM hoborg with regard to an unlocked SAF (ie. to find out more about obtaining the most recent version of CLVsd.ax).

Therefore, unless someone corrects me, I believe those people "shouting" to stop PM'ing for an unlocked SAF, or telling people to read the first post, are wrong.
    All in good humour!
    Happy to be corrected though.
    :D:D:)
    I was wondering if I was dumb. Apparently not :)
    So someone can pm me ?

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Hoborg,

Would you be able to update the first post with instructions for using SAF with MP 1.0.2, specifically what is the last support release of SAF for 1.0.2. I'm not ready to take the plunge on my production system to 1.1.0 yet. Found a few niggling issues with 1.1.0 on my test system that I have not got to the bottom of.

You can use latest SAF with old MP. Old SAF only install directvobsub, there is no other limitation i think.

OK, I might have got a bit confused. I thought the later versions of SAF relied on MPC-HC for subtitles, which wasn't supported until 1.1.0?? So subs still work with MP1.0.2 with latest SAF?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi Hoborg,

OK, I might have got a bit confused. I thought the later versions of SAF relied on MPC-HC for subtitles, which wasn't supported until 1.1.0?? So subs still work with MP1.0.2 with latest SAF?

Nope, you will need to use MP patch if you want DXVA+subtitles or install directVobSub.

mhbang

Portal Member
    August 4, 2009
    Viborg
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Hoborg,

You need to copy some binaries for MP v1.0.2 if you want MPC-HC subtitle support.
    Read about it here

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom