Same settings on all Clients? (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Germany Germany
Country flag
Is there anywhere a chance to include a function, that all clients import the settings from a server? I hate to config all my clients manually

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Germany Germany
Country flag
the user management feature, should work on this way.
No, that will not work in that way. I can only disable the manual change of setting thru a user, but I can not automatically overtake/overwrite client settings from a server for all clients. Such a function would be very good to have the same settings on all clients without to setup every client manually (that should work like a separate sync all settings/plugins options for clients). MP should have a setting option for clients to overwrite all settings with the master client/server settings.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Only a client can have User settings. There is no master server view and GUI configurations take place at client level. This 'master' client doesn't have to reside on the same PC as the server. For example in my case there is no client on the server machine.

Therefore the User Management is the correct way to go, i.e. configure settings for User A on any PC and then select the same User A on another client. However, the take-over of settings is not complete in MP 2.2.1

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Okay, but that function will be very usefull for users which have their server/client in the livingroom and which like to have the same settings and plugins on the clients in the sleeping room or on the childrens clients with "one click". Maybe you can implement such a take-over in a future version?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    France France
    Country flag
    Okay, but that function will be very usefull for users which have their server/client in the livingroom and like to have the same settings and plugins maybe on the clients in the sleeping room or in the children room on their clients. Maybe you can implement such a take-over in a future version?
    i don't know if plugins can be imported from server on each physical client.
    but for now ( on future MP release maybe MP2.2.2 or else MP2.3) , it will import setting from server to each client only if user management is used, and you log on client with the proper user.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    FlatEric [solved] 5016: Same position for title and speed-info when forwarding watch/edit Videos 3
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    P Streaming to two clients from the same card Newcomers Forum 1
    J [fixed] Importer confused on specific movies with the same title, different years and different NFO's Submit: Bug Reports 3
    limpwhizkid 1.22.0 Stutter and or artifact problem when recording and watching the same live tv channel 1.22 2
    Megane How to install the same plug-in twice? MediaPortal 1 Plugins 5
    P PROGRAMSTARTTIME not same as STARTTIME General 9
    hounddog [solved] Mp2 and MP 1 on the same PC Problem General 12
    N [Finished] It is possible to map the same key to the same action twice MediaPortal 2 2
    D Single Seat Install - can another single seat use the same databases? Installation, configuration support 1
    da3dsoul [Request] An MVP Plugin example for custom settings in MP2 Plugin Development 2
    M.Hulot MP plays in Internal Blu-ray-Player-mode always first audio stream not the one I chosen in settings General Support 1
    R Correct setting for recordings on shared folder General 0
    J New computer with win10 and how will i set Mediaportal up ? Newcomers Forum 55
    M [fixed] [MP2-831] 12h time format shown in TV Guide with Swedish language settings Submit: Bug Reports 27
    joEhSuper Backup Setting - ErrorBackupFolder TV-Server 9
    Rob Hexenmeister [solved] Customising Fanart Handler settings Fanart Handler 3
    joecrow AMD Radeon Settings app. won't start after hibernation. General Support 0
    L [solved] Modifying programmed recording after setting it General 0
    B [solved] How to manually set MAC of TV Server for WOL Installation, configuration support 2
    X MadVR Settings Video & DVD 2
    J Resume from Standby Last Module TV Showing TV Server Settings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    D Correct wake-on-lan settings General 3
    G MP Crashed during setting up recording. Newcomers Forum 1