Same settings on all Clients? (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Is there anywhere a chance to include a function, that all clients import the settings from a server? I hate to config all my clients manually

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
the user management feature, should work on this way.

No, that will not work in that way. I can only disable the manual change of setting thru a user, but I can not automatically overtake/overwrite client settings from a server for all clients. Such a function would be very good to have the same settings on all clients without to setup every client manually (that should work like a separate sync all settings/plugins options for clients). MP should have a setting option for clients to overwrite all settings with the master client/server settings.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Only a client can have User settings. There is no master server view and GUI configurations take place at client level. This 'master' client doesn't have to reside on the same PC as the server. For example in my case there is no client on the server machine.

Therefore the User Management is the correct way to go, i.e. configure settings for User A on any PC and then select the same User A on another client. However, the take-over of settings is not complete in MP 2.2.1

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay, but that function will be very usefull for users which have their server/client in the livingroom and which like to have the same settings and plugins on the clients in the sleeping room or on the childrens clients with "one click". Maybe you can implement such a take-over in a future version?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Okay, but that function will be very usefull for users which have their server/client in the livingroom and like to have the same settings and plugins maybe on the clients in the sleeping room or in the children room on their clients. Maybe you can implement such a take-over in a future version?
    i don't know if plugins can be imported from server on each physical client.
    but for now ( on future MP release maybe MP2.2.2 or else MP2.3) , it will import setting from server to each client only if user management is used, and you log on client with the proper user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
    Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 IPTV in New Zealand DE
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url. I have one like that and it works pretty ok
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url. I have one like that and it works pretty ok
    I would love to get IPTV working on my Mediaportal. I have the TV server and three clients working great, but a recent power supply...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi Ge2301 Thanks for the help I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that it was just that the server needed a restart (even though there was no indication in Windows) - as soon as I started both clients (one reparied as above, one not) both started working right away. (I would have...
    Hi Ge2301 Thanks for the help I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that it was...
    Hi, I have a server/client PC (MP2.4) that seems still to be still working fine, but 2 other clients have suddenly stopped playing...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I installed the MPserverKodi plugin, shared the corresponding directories, and activated smb under Windows. Nevertheless, Kodi remains with the message 'PVR Manager is being tested: 0%
    So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I...
    So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom