Completed Show off your setup (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had planned on syphoning cash into a secret account, then waiting until she was away and getting it delivered then.

I can tell her that I loaded MP2 and it is much faster. She will never know!

I am so gutless!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My client setup is shown here (well, how I made it): http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-entertainment-pcs/1447441-robbos-floating-shelves-htpc.html (AMD X2-265 CPU, with 60GB SSD, blueray and ATI5450 GPU)

This is the completed system:
    P1040174.jpg

I am currently building a new server in a Lian Li PC-Q07 case (i3-3225 CPU on an Asus P8H77-i ITX motherboard with 60GB SSD, 4GB RAM, 4.5TB storage and BGT3600 tuner) - it is going to be a tight squeeze!

Looks much nicer with the light wood grain speakers in stands (cf the black ones), looked quite "college" setup before you changed out the speakers.. now much more modern/elegant.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    They were my college speakers :)

I have been waiting until the children are old enough to know not to push in the tweeter cones before buying new speakers.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I have finally sorted the server setup now.

Nothing special, but quite neat and nicely tucked away on the dining room shelf!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350758119.559641.jpg

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Great set up Robbo, very neat too. Nice server; very unobtrusive.

My server is tucked away in my 'print room' just off my office in the basement - 'er indoors doesn't know it has even been built as it is somewhere she doesn't venture. I also work from home so parts just turn up and she is none the wiser. The cash comes out of my business account too so she never knows (y)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Seems we don't have very many brave people here willing to share their setups. Thanks to those who have!! To those who haven't...... what are you waiting for??

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Mine is not ready for public consumption ... yet. Still in the middle of building the wall shelving and media center/fireplace console. and waiting for the widescreen TV to accent it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Please check the wiki. I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all data including poster. Also the import speed is much faster + the local data are kept forever, even MP2 is removed. To overwrite only some movies you need to remove them once from the share, place an...
    Please check the wiki. I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all...
    Hi, I'm new here but have been gradually getting my head around setting everything up but one simple task is throwing me off - how...
    Replies
    Views
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the tv server startup being erratic. Approx 50% of the time on PC reboot from scratch the tv server process was showing "starting" but would never start and consequently neither would MP or MP Server Config...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom