Silverstone case + remote (1 Viewer)

coopers

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
Hey guys,

Some of the silverstone cases come with remotes and VFD's - which are purty and nice.

Do you guys know if that remote is an MCE remote? is it natively supported in MP?

thanks.

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    they are not MCE remotes, and they are not supported natively within MP. Of course, that doesnt mean the remote wont work. depending on the commands the remote sends, you may just need to reconfigure the commnads within MP, or you may have to use a program like HiP or Girder to catch the button presses

coopers

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2005
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    That both sucks and blows.

;)

Is there a way you can buy silverstone cases that have a VFD but do not come with the remote?

The remotes that come with the huappage cards are supported though...

So it may just be easier to make sure I get one of them...

Coolit

Portal Member
    March 13, 2007
    I have a mozart htpc case which has the same VDU and remote, it took 30min to setup using a thread from this forum but I cant seem to find the link to it now. The thread has the instructions for both remote and VDU as well as the key mapping file for Imon.

Someone should be able to point you to the thread:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
    In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Mouse support for timeshift DE
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse friendly as much as possible, because it was almost impossible when I joined the team. As former WMC user I quickly decided to create a WMC-like skin which comes as close as possible in terms of appearance and...
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse...
    Hi, I am new to Media Portal, I am an avid Windows Media Center user, love it and trying to hold onto it as long as possible...
    Replies
    Views
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    Started on: 2023-12-26 last update: 2023-12-26 Summary: Minimize the amount of data written to disk by simulating a tempfs RAM...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom