robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

What is the current situation with the .mpei file on post #1 of this thread?

1) Will it work with MP1.2?
    2) Is it good enough to control Skype (albeit not with the ideal user interface with MP in full API mode)?
    3) Are there any major problems with function or stability?

Thanks

Robbo100

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Skype works via MP... but video is not an option yet. Most likely never will be as Skype would have to release the package for video and they (MS) stopped the plans to have ti released when they bought it.
    As for getting a 1.2 compatible version of the plugin, I will look into that soon.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    I am working on getting a 1.2 compatible version out soon guys. I am asking around to see who can take on this plugin for just the conversion only. You have to keep in mind that I am not a coder, so I have to go around and bat my eyelashes and ask sweetly until someone does it. Due to the fact that there are no ladies on the team, my chances of success are greatly reduced =) But I believe I will find someone =)

Actually I just sent Fripsy a PM... he is a good dude I am sure he will update this so ppl can use MP to handle voice communication =)

When he does, everyone make sure to say thanks =)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Didn't Microsoft buy Skype for a whopping $8.5 billion?
    But I doubt that will change anything soon(crossed fingers).

Yes they did, i changed my post... i have NO IDEA why i typed google other than I was working on a google+ app at the time

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Guys & Dolls,

I'm (again) on a businesstrip, this time till mid october...
    If I have the time (that's a big IF), I'll look into it...

Will have to learn what's involved to make a plugin compatible, as I'm not into it for a long time now...
    Quarter has the full source, I guess he is the man to talk to now...

Cheers.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did get the sources from Quarter some time ago, but never got around to really look into them. Today I started a bit and was able to call the Skype Echo Service from within MP 1.2 Final ;)
    The skinfiles need some big care to get in sync with the source. I'll see how much time I can chop off my OnlineVideos chores to get this in a better state.

Users who are viewing this thread