Skype4MP with video (2 Viewers)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thx, skandy... the API is very useful, but the skypekit is what is holding us back. They offer a runtime for windows, but it does not support video.

skandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I don't understand what in the API says that with the skype encoding camera specification of August 2011 you can send video stream from an application to skype... it's a little stupid that, as you say, you are not able to receive the partnership stream...

I didn't download the runtime, only "thinking in loud voice" ;)

I don't know if this could be possible, but... why not redesign the plugin to be SIP compatible (with audio/video support).

Maybe using this SIP software and SDK...: Softphone SDK, SIP SDK, VOIP SDK, Softphone, IVR SDK, IMS SDK or other free alternatives in SIP.

SIP is an OPEN AND STANDARD PROTOCOL, not as Skype one. And offers audio/video.

Softphone SDK, SIP SDK, VOIP SDK, Softphone, IVR SDK, IMS SDK

Thx, skandy... the API is very useful, but the skypekit is what is holding us back. They offer a runtime for windows, but it does not support video.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Good news everyone!!!! I just got an email that states:

"In the next few days, SkypeKit Developer Program members will be able to download SkypeKit 4.02 Developer Preview and try out new technologies for desktop applications, including support for video on Windows, Mac, and Linux desktop runtimes."

We should be able to move forward with this at much faster pace =)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Brilliant news!

This would be such a great addition to MediaPortal!

Let us know when you want some testers!

loadme

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Skype4MP with video

any update on this plugin?

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Skype4MP with video

any update on this plugin?

TBH, it is in limbo for the moment... we are waiting for offbyone to get some free time (which is not easy atm) or fripsy to come back to his project as he is also very busy atm. I will see if I can find out any more info, though.

Users who are viewing this thread