SlimTv Native and EPG/Guide data in the U.S. (1 Viewer)

T^2

Portal Pro
December 9, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So is there any web based EPG/Guide data available for Slim-TV native?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome

Same possibilities as for MP1/TVE 3, though there may be a few bugs here and there.

mm

T^2

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Hello and welcome

Same possibilities as for MP1/TVE 3, though there may be a few bugs here and there.

mm

Web based? I only saw information in the wiki for setting up EPG from the cable feed. Thought I saw plugins for MP1 for web based guide data. Didn't see any such plugin for MP2.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Web based? I only saw information in the wiki for setting up EPG from the cable feed.
    Hmmm, don't know where you've been reading but MP (1 and 2) don't support grabbing EPG from US cable or OTA TV feeds.

Thought I saw plugins for MP1 for web based guide data. Didn't see any such plugin for MP2.
    Both MP1 and MP2 have a front end and a back end. TV Server (TVE 3) is the backend for MP1 - it handles tuners, recording, pulling in EPG data etc. etc. etc.. Slim TV Native (TVE 3.5) is a TV plugin for the MP2 backend. It is based on TVE 3 from MP1... with a bunch of enhancements and fixes under the hood. Most any plugin that will work for TVE 3 (ie. MP1 TV Server) will work with TVE 3.5 (ie. MP2 TV). That applies for the XMLTV, WebGrab, Schedules Direct... etc. etc. etc. plugins. In other words, almost everything that you read here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)

...is still relevant for MP2.

T^2

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Web based? I only saw information in the wiki for setting up EPG from the cable feed.
    Hmmm, don't know where you've been reading but MP (1 and 2) don't support grabbing EPG from US cable or OTA TV feeds.

Thought I saw plugins for MP1 for web based guide data. Didn't see any such plugin for MP2.
    Both MP1 and MP2 have a front end and a back end. TV Server (TVE 3) is the backend for MP1 - it handles tuners, recording, pulling in EPG data etc. etc. etc.. Slim TV Native (TVE 3.5) is a TV plugin for the MP2 backend. It is based on TVE 3 from MP1... with a bunch of enhancements and fixes under the hood. Most any plugin that will work for TVE 3 (ie. MP1 TV Server) will work with TVE 3.5 (ie. MP2 TV). That applies for the XMLTV, WebGrab, Schedules Direct... etc. etc. etc. plugins. In other words, almost everything that you read here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)

...is still relevant for MP2.

MP is new to me. So there's a lot of stuff that I'm unfamiliar with. OTA EPG with MP in the U.S. is just one of them. I'm reading the wiki, forums, etc. and just muddling my way through.

Are there instructions on installing these plugins - WebGrab for example - with MP2?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MP is new to me. So there's a lot of stuff that I'm unfamiliar with. OTA EPG with MP in the U.S. is just one of them. I'm reading the wiki, forums, etc. and just muddling my way through.
    Understood. :)

Are there instructions on installing these plugins - WebGrab for example - with MP2?
    WebGrab+ is nothing to do with MediaPortal.
    http://webgrabplus.com/

At the bottom of the wiki page linked above there are instructions for configuring WebGrab+ with the TV Server XMLTV plugin:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...tup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_WebGrab_Plus

Those instructions definitely apply for "MP2".

dfraga

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi, I seem to be having trouble getting the EPG to import. It works fine in MP1 and I set it up the same way for MP2. I am using xtmltv with mc2xml. When I try to import the guide data, the file is created and seems to be ok. However the import says that the xml file is not valid and that there was a parsing error. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country

dfraga

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    I am using the donator version. I would be happy to upload the logs if you can point me to how to do it. I'm not quite familiar with any the MP2 ways yet. Just wanted to play with it and see if I can migrate over. I did just notice there is another xmltv folder in a different location, so perhaps I put it in the wrong location. I will look over the threads you posted and see what I can do. Here is a screenshot of the error in the setup menu.

Update: I sent an email requesting the donator version update to see if it helps. It appears to be affecting MP1 also.
    error.jpg

Second update: The new donator version did the trick!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread