Sound stops working after first playback (1 Viewer)

Glith

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Do you want me to try something to try and find the problem? Or do we maybe already know why it happens and can do something about it?
My guess is that the new receiver is more intelligent somehow and is expecting an audiostream over the HDMI but somehow the stream is cut completely when Intel is reinitiating the audio during the refresh change after playback. And then the receiver gets confused and stops the output.

I did update the BIOS and also to the latest beta Intel drivers but same result.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    Not sure if I can do anything more :( because here the audio is redetected from MP when removing after DRR but AVR didn't like that :(
    I know that some guys use a HDMI device to keep the connection ON to AVR when such issue happen but not sure if it will work for you.

You can try something, testing with MPC-HC to play a video and manually change the refresh rate to see how it goes.

Glith

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A small workaround I made: Enable skin sound
    When the playback stops and I get no signal I just need to trigger the sound by scrolling or similar -> PCM stream starts and the picture is back

Maybe an option would be for MP to send an "silent sound" after the playback and DRR switch as a permanent workaround?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    That's could be an idea, not sure how code that but can look :)
    Are you available for the MPC-HC test ?

Glith

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Regarding our issue with DRR it might have been MPC-HC paused in the background which confused madvr etc. Now it changes refreshrate as it should.
    Sound PCM-stream is still missing(and also picture sometimes) after stop until I trigger a sound by simply triggering a skin sound(up or down in menu).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom