Squeezebox plugin (1 Viewer)

falkyre

Portal Pro
March 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Raven,

this plugin sounds ultimately cool and another super extra to look forward too. I am really excited to see what functionality it can provide.

Falkyre

RoyN

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
so basically you make MP a player for slingbox files right?

I am looking for something just the opposite... a "device" that plays "MP-hosted" files...

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    RoyN said:
    so basically you make MP a player for slingbox files right?

I am looking for something just the opposite... a "device" that plays "MP-hosted" files...

I make MP a graphical remote control for the SlimServer. The music is played back on the Squeezebox devices.

RoyN

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2006
    I got it, but with this I would have 2 media libraries, right? one on the slimserver and one on my MP share

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    RoyN said:
    I got it, but with this I would have 2 media libraries, right? one on the slimserver and one on my MP share

That's right. I personally solved this by running the Softsqueeze program on my mp machines (which simulates a squeezebox device) replacing the default my music plugin all together.

bradsjm

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2005
    New York City, USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'd love to see this plugin developed :) I have a SqueezeBox 3 and I'm using the headless softsqueeze on the HTPC right now.

muty

Portal Member
    April 28, 2006
    Austria, Vienna
    Hi I just wanted to ask if you made any progress with the plugin. I own a squeezebox V3 and it will be the coolest thing in the world to control it over MP. If you need some help or if you don't want to continiue developing it, I would like to help.

:)

daveyboy

Portal Member
    March 15, 2005
    Reading, England
    Hi Raven,

Have you made any further progress with the Squeezebox plugin? I'm thinking about getting a few - this would be great for parties! Would it also allow for synchronising between the squeezeboxes?

Thanks for your efforts.

KingCole

Portal Member
    September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    England England
    This would be amazing.... but looks like its pretty dead.

Raven, would you release what you have and maybe someone clever than I could finish it?

skare

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2004
    Vejle
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    A shame this seem to have died. Would've been very nice.

I would of course volunteer to be a tester, should it be brought back from the dead :)

Users who are viewing this thread