Streamed MP Beta Release v0.1.167 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    i just checkout the svn, it s very nice to be able to have very last changes! I was wondering could you build a new setup during each commit? That would help a lot being sure we do not forget anything

That would be a lot of extra work!

What I have done is install using the setup.exe, then download the svn seperately and do a select all/copy/paste into the skin directory, tis way it will update all the files/subfolders etc. so you should not miss any changes.

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    i just checkout the svn, it s very nice to be able to have very last changes! I was wondering could you build a new setup during each commit? That would help a lot being sure we do not forget anything
    That would be a little time consuming a lot of commits are fairly minor changes, its fine if users want to download from the SVN but we dont really want bugs reported from users doing this. I'd also be a bit cautious as we tend to use up to date svns of tvseries and moving pictures which cannot be downloaded through the svn, not using these updates could cause some unexpected behavior. We will be releasing fairly regular updates and we plan on releasing a newer build soon, so if you can be patient you will have a new version soon.

PS I might add that if we did have a setup exe for every commit, we would have people using various commits and it would be a nightmare sorting out the bugs being reported from slightly older commits, that have been fixed in newer commits.

No problem i completely understand, you are right about svn versions of TVSeries and Moving Pictures. I didnt think about that. Can surely wait, and if i cant i ll install it manually ;)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the help guys - I got Tortoise SVN and checked out the files, manually edited them and voila!

Can you add the myShowTimes plugin to your to do list??

BTW - this skin looks fab!

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Think I know what you're saying now. We should use the overlay that is used in filmstrip views for the icon view. That's actually a good idea, I'll see if it works.

Thank you, I belive that is what I mean, sorry bout the crappy explaining. I simply suck at explaining stuff, especially when I don't know the technical terms. Just take the overlay from say list modeand just stretch it to the top of the screen, perhaps make it a bit more seethrough.

If you using my moving pictures xmls then i recommend against using them as I havent really done a thumbnails view:oops: Ive been meaning to but havent really got around to it.

Ah, well could I make a request then? I really love how it has so many icons available at once (12x5). But (and I don't know if this is possible) could it be an idea to copy the Kaleidescape look by having no space between the icons? This way you can make the covers alittle bigger aswell.

i2ambler

Portal Member
    February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    mediaportal-svn-11-08-2008--16-42-Rev20755 RC3
    vista sp1
    MP-TVSeries Plugin: spuck
    Moving Pictures Plugin: mattsk88
    Basic Home screen

this bug occurs (sometimes) when I e.g.:
    enter MOVIES
    than go back to the main page
    now the cursor is located on TV SHOWS
    scroll up to MOVIES once again

see screenshot:
    bugqm0.jpg

Issue 4 - streamedmp - Google Code

another question:
    entering moving pictures it shows me the last movie - beginning with 'z' instead of with 'a'

Was there a fix for this? a new basichome?

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    mediaportal-svn-11-08-2008--16-42-Rev20755 RC3
    vista sp1
    MP-TVSeries Plugin: spuck
    Moving Pictures Plugin: mattsk88
    Basic Home screen

this bug occurs (sometimes) when I e.g.:
    enter MOVIES
    than go back to the main page
    now the cursor is located on TV SHOWS
    scroll up to MOVIES once again

see screenshot:
    bugqm0.jpg

Issue 4 - streamedmp - Google Code

another question:
    entering moving pictures it shows me the last movie - beginning with 'z' instead of with 'a'

Was there a fix for this? a new basichome?

Basichome and the Basichome Menu Generator have had a bit of a work over. The new basichome has new animations and feels more fluid when scrolling. Users can now define menu positioning, focus and non focus text color and hopefully menu graphic transparency will be added. I have not been able to reproduce the disappearing menu bug with the new basichome. If your keen to verify it has been fixed i can send you a basichome.xml to test.

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    I have been able to reproduce the menu disappearing with the last basichome. it happened when MP lost focus while i was moving my mouse out of MP. Just had to go right for exit menu then left again. And everything was ok again.

By the way i love the last basichome.xml. Great job!

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    I have been able to reproduce the menu disappearing with the last basichome. it happened when MP lost focus while i was moving my mouse out of MP. Just had to go right for exit menu then left again. And everything was ok again.

By the way i love the last basichome.xml. Great job!

The menu disappearing that you had is unavoidable due to the design of the menu, this is the same in aeon. The bug being referenced above happened when a combination of menu items were accessed (i think it was scroll up to movies enter movies and then exit, then scroll to movies and all the menu items would disappear).

Glad you liked the basichome i spent a bit of time increasing the smoothness of the menu.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom