Streamed MP Beta Release v0.1.167 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
I have been able to reproduce the menu disappearing with the last basichome. it happened when MP lost focus while i was moving my mouse out of MP. Just had to go right for exit menu then left again. And everything was ok again.

By the way i love the last basichome.xml. Great job!

The menu disappearing that you had is unavoidable due to the design of the menu, this is the same in aeon. The bug being referenced above happened when a combination of menu items were accessed (i think it was scroll up to movies enter movies and then exit, then scroll to movies and all the menu items would disappear).

Glad you liked the basichome i spent a bit of time increasing the smoothness of the menu.

Oh sorry about the misunderstanding of the bug ;)

Anyway yes the menu is very smooth, i hope one day we ll manage to have the same smoothness in plugins like myTVSeries or MovingPictures cause right now it is not that easy to navigate due to lagging.

There one little feature request i would make about the basicHome. The version of pilehave has a little feature which is actually really cool. Each menu has an extra line appearing only when the menu is selected, somehting like "Watch my" for the MOVIES menu. Do you think it would be doable in your skin?
it looks like that
29284d1227279857t-mediastream-pilehave-11.jpg

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I actually have done it myself (stole code from pilehave :) ) in myhome.xml.. It works in basichome as well. Theres no reason it shouldnt be in this skin as well, except for the 5 extra controls :p (yeah I know you don't like'm Matt, how about making them optional?)

Anyways I wanted to use streamedMP, and I wanted pilehaves smooth up/down animations and the "watch your" labels.

attached is the screenie of the merged homescreens =)

Attachments

• merged.JPG
    merged.JPG
    123.8 KB

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
I actually have done it myself (stole code from pilehave :) ) in myhome.xml.. It works in basichome as well. Theres no reason it shouldnt be in this skin as well, except for the 5 extra controls :p (yeah I know you don't like'm Matt, how about making them optional?)

Anyways I wanted to use streamedMP, and I wanted pilehaves smooth up/down animations and the "watch your" labels.

attached is the screenie of the merged homescreens =)
Its easy to add to an already generated menu as control ID's are already defined, we are working on adding functionality that will allow users to chose what secondary label they want for each menu item through the menu generator. This will allow users to have custom menus to suit their needs without having to delve into the xml file to do it.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Sounds good matt =)

@ The_Iceman; Seems like Matt will give you want you want :)

If you want it right now tho, you have to know a little about xml..
You basically have to move all the code for the menu and the "watch your" labels from pilehaves myhome.xml(generate one with his online menu generator) into either streamedMP's basichome.xml or myhome.xml, replacling the menu code thats there from before. After that you just have to edit all the textures for the menu items to correspond to the backgrounds found in streamedMP\media (theyre called hover_my music etc). Weather and clock code can stay the same. I copied his mediastream.dll as well, but I don't think you HAVE to. It remembers your last menu item so you don't always go back to the default after lost focus.

It doesnt require a lot of knowledge, but if you can't understand what I'm talking about here I suggest you wait for the automated sollution :)

i2ambler

Portal Member
February 4, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
mediaportal-svn-11-08-2008--16-42-Rev20755 RC3
vista sp1
MP-TVSeries Plugin: spuck
Moving Pictures Plugin: mattsk88
Basic Home screen

this bug occurs (sometimes) when I e.g.:
enter MOVIES
than go back to the main page
now the cursor is located on TV SHOWS
scroll up to MOVIES once again

see screenshot:
bugqm0.jpg

Issue 4 - streamedmp - Google Code

another question:
entering moving pictures it shows me the last movie - beginning with 'z' instead of with 'a'

Was there a fix for this? a new basichome?

Basichome and the Basichome Menu Generator have had a bit of a work over. The new basichome has new animations and feels more fluid when scrolling. Users can now define menu positioning, focus and non focus text color and hopefully menu graphic transparency will be added. I have not been able to reproduce the disappearing menu bug with the new basichome. If your keen to verify it has been fixed i can send you a basichome.xml to test.

a new basichome would be awesome.. :) Unless there's a complete download somewhere. - I just downloaded and installed the theme which is linked at the beginning of this thread

melfacion

April 24, 2008
Kongsberg
Home Country
Norway Norway
I am having some issues with broken links in my homescreen (wich i stole from Darre), but i guess that is something I have to fix by comparing my install with Darre's.

However, the alarm plugin is not cooperating with me at all in this skin.

Downloaded the SVN yesterday, and the alarm plugin should be supported, but I am having these two issues:
- Can't save alarm settings
- Can't get back from alarm settings any other way than pressing home button (labeled start on my harmony control, but acting as the green button as I understand it).

Anyone tried the alarm and made it work?

The order of the buttons is quite confusing too, because sometimes pressing down makes the cursor go to the option above the selected one, and not the one below...

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I am having some issues with broken links in my homescreen (wich i stole from Darre), but i guess that is something I have to fix by comparing my install with Darre's.

However, the alarm plugin is not cooperating with me at all in this skin.

Downloaded the SVN yesterday, and the alarm plugin should be supported, but I am having these two issues:
- Can't save alarm settings
- Can't get back from alarm settings any other way than pressing home button (labeled start on my harmony control, but acting as the green button as I understand it).

Anyone tried the alarm and made it work?

The order of the buttons is quite confusing too, because sometimes pressing down makes the cursor go to the option above the selected one, and not the one below...

Yeah those spincontrols are really confusing, not sure how they are intended to work.
I probably messed something up since you can't save any alarms. Think I'm gonna redo the whole thing..

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    melfacion - Are you sure that the Alarm plugin works with the default skin? Make sure of that first!

melfacion

April 24, 2008
    Kongsberg
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    melfacion - Are you sure that the Alarm plugin works with the default skin? Make sure of that first!

That is a good point, and i will check if it works or not.

But the back button should anyways send me back to the previous screen (home in this case), but the only way out of the alarm screen is pressing "the green button".

spuck: It is not only the spincontrols. When i change from single alarm to periodically, the weekday selection is visually right below the time, but the selection order doesn't match. I don't remember which came before which, but there is some mixup there ;)

edit: it is not the main alarm screen that is the problem (the back button works there), but when i select to set a new alarm, the only way back is "the green button". Sorry for the lack of accuracy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom