Streamed MP v1.0 RC1 [05 Mar 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC1] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: Streamed MP RC v1.0.0 [05 Mar 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC1]

Hi there!
First off, big THX for this skin, it's really sleek.
I have a few problems with it though, but for now I will just mention the one:
The basic home screen works fine, when I build it with the builder app. Then, when I press the media center button on my remote while I am in the basic home menu I get to the normal menu with all the items in there. The Menu looks different, as it is centered. I like the idea of having a basic menu and one for all the bells and whistles, but the complex menu just doesn't work.
I can go up and down through the menu items, but trying to enter a specific section just doesn't do anything but play the button click sound and there is an empty bar that shortly pops up from the bottom, but vanishes immediately.
If i go left or right on my remote the focus just vanishes into nothing. If I press OK on my remote i am presented with the shutdown menu. Also once I am in this advanced menu I cant return back to the basic home menu. All I can do from there on out is Alt + F4.
Now I hope this is the right thread for this. If I can supply any other information that might help resolve this problem I just need to know what you need.
Well then thanks again and have a nice weekend!

-Jan-

Hi Jan,

This sounds a little strange, the best way I check is if you attache a copy of you basichome.xml so I can test it and have a look to what the problem maybe.

When you built the Basichome what style did you chose?

Thanks

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country

is this version any faster? particularly with movingpictures?

We hope so and we have tried to optimise the skin as much as possible , having said that the skin is higly graphical compared to some others and if all options switched on then there maybe a performace hit on lower spec systems.

The best way if for you to try it and let us know if you feel it has issues with performance.

Thanks

chrut

Portal Pro
March 2, 2008

Hey guys,

Great work on the new updates. I'm really enjoying it and I know I'm not alone.

I found a minor bug. If the title of an episode in MP-TVSeries is too long, it's not displayed correctly.

Rijnton

Portal Pro
November 20, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Hi Trevor,
The new editor works, but only partially. I linked to scorecenter with the weather images and now my background changes indeed, but alternating between ONLY a backgound image WITHOUT the 5 days forecast icons below the menu bar and an image WITH the icons.
Moreover, the Music and Movies background images (also Fanart enabled) alternate between an image and a black background.

And do you also have an idea about the ticker image ?

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Hey guys,

Great work on the new updates. I'm really enjoying it and I know I'm not alone.

I found a minor bug. If the title of an episode in MP-TVSeries is too long, it's not displayed correctly.

Do you mean it doesn't scroll? Please describe what you mean, preferably with a screenshot.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country

Hi Trevor,
The new editor works, but only partially. I linked to scorecenter with the weather images and now my background changes indeed, but alternating between ONLY a backgound image WITHOUT the 5 days forecast icons below the menu bar and an image WITH the icons.
Moreover, the Music and Movies background images (also Fanart enabled) alternate between an image and a black background.

And do you also have an idea about the ticker image ?

Dam...sorry - messed up that release, managed to clean up the code a bit too much - try this version

http://streamedmp.googlecode.com/files/StreamedMPEditor-r1094.zip

For the RSS tickier image, it looks right - you have skin supplied image selected and it should be displaying defaultFeedRSS.png from the media directory. It may be an idea to clear you skin cache and try again - will try an reproduce this end.

Thanks

LANJAN

Portal Member
November 4, 2005

Hi Jan,

This sounds a little strange, the best way I check is if you attache a copy of you basichome.xml so I can test it and have a look to what the problem maybe.

Thanks

Sure thing,
here goes..
EDIT: I used the vertical and the centered horizontal style, both display the same effect.

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
    30.6 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country

Hi Jan,

Thanks

Sure thing,
here goes..
EDIT: I used the vertical and the centered horizontal style, both display the same effect.

That looks ok and works fine here, you mention hitting the 'play' button - do you mean actally mean play? Should be hitting the enter button.

If possible can you try with a keyboard, just the arrow keys, enter to access and escape to go back.

LANJAN

Portal Member
November 4, 2005

Hey there, thanks for checking it out.
I tried the keyboard and it makes no difference. I get almost the same problem when I enter the plugins menu, just that is has other menu items, the rest is the same. I could not check if the same problem with the complex menu arises, as I dont have a media center button on the keyboard and I dont know how to enter that menu without it.
Is it possible that i messed something up? Mind you, this is a completely fresh windows XP x86 install, completely fresh RC of MP and then this version of StreamedMP. I would hate to give up on this skin, as it is just waaaay better than the default. If there is anything else I can supply to debug this plz tell me.

Hope we can crack this!

-Jan-

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country

Hey there, thanks for checking it out.
I tried the keyboard and it makes no difference. I get almost the same problem when I enter the plugins menu, just that is has other menu items, the rest is the same. I could not check if the same problem with the complex menu arises, as I dont have a media center button on the keyboard and I dont know how to enter that menu without it.
Is it possible that i messed something up? Mind you, this is a completely fresh windows XP x86 install, completely fresh RC of MP and then this version of StreamedMP. I would hate to give up on this skin, as it is just waaaay better than the default. If there is anything else I can supply to debug this plz tell me.

Hope we can crack this!

-Jan-

Can we take a step back here, I might be misunderstanding the problem.

It you swap back to blue3wide and do the same does that work of behave the same?

The green button is not really used in MP, it can be configure to start it but once in you should not need to use it. The back button from basichome will swap to std home or viceversa as will escape on the keyboard.

Is this a std XP or an MCE xp you are running?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom