Streamed MP v1.2.0 Stable [05 Jun 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC3-RC6] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jab0

Portal Member
May 9, 2010
Re: *NEW* Streamed MP v1.2.0 Stable [05 Jun 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC3/RC4+]

thanks a lot, trevor. it works!!

thanks for the great work and support to you and your team.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Found the problem, you use the '&' character in one of your menu items 'DVD & BD', this is actually an illegal character in xml, seems you can write it out ok but the xml parser throws an error when it trys to read it.

Probably a little more work, but we could also write the label in a CDATA structure e.g.
    Code:
    <label><![CDATA[P & J]]></label>

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

You may have noticed that InfoService 1.6 was released today. This is compatible with StreamedMP 1.2.0 but you must re-generate your BasicHome to ensure that the weather properties work.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

You may have noticed something new in the skin today pulsing in the top left hand corner of the skin. This is our Skin Update notification which is new in v1.2.0. Thanks to the hard work done by Trevor to make it possible.

When you see the Update Notification in top left and/or see an 'Update Available' image on startup, patch(s) is available to download and install:

BasicHomeUpdateAvailable-Thumb.jpg

Follow these steps to find out information about the patch(s) and apply to your system:

Step 1: Select Settings from BasicHome GUI:

Settings-Thumb.jpg

Step 2: Enter Settings and Select 'Skin':

SettingsSkinMenuItem-Thumb.jpg

Step 3: Select and Enter Skin Update:

SettingsSkinCheckForUpdate-Thumb.jpg

Step 4: Read the Change Log, click on the Spin Down/Up buttons to scroll. Click on the 'Update and Install' button to apply patch:

SettingsChangeLogDownloadAndInstall-Thumb.jpg

If you choose to 'Download and Install', you should see a GUI Progress Dialog displaying the current status of the download and installation process.

PatchDownloading-Thumb.jpg

Upon successful completion of the patch installation, you should see a completion dialog prompt. Click OK and your done.

PatchInstallComplete-Thumb.jpg

We will continue to improve this process as the skin evolves and would appreciate any feedback you have. You can continue to talk about this feature here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/streamedmp-patches-83164/

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Really Great work guys :)
    Seb.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Found the problem, you use the '&' character in one of your menu items 'DVD & BD', this is actually an illegal character in xml, seems you can write it out ok but the xml parser throws an error when it trys to read it.

Probably a little more work, but we could also write the label in a CDATA structure e.g.
    Code:
    <label><![CDATA[P & J]]></label>

CDATA was going to be my choice, need to check backward compatiblity, but the MP skin engine seems to have no problems with it so will investigate that as well.

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi guys, thanks for the new version. Just upgraded to RC4 and your latest version. Installed the patch and everything. Very fancy, I must say. One small issue. I'm trying to get random background art from the c:/Programdata/Team Mediaportal/Mediaportal/Skin/StreamedMP/Media/Animations/movies folder and not the Movingpictures Fanart. That folder contains one file called default.jpg and some random other files.
    In the editor, I therefore select Enable Fanart Handler for this item and select movie from the dropdown box. Going back into MP however, now gives me the default movietheater background. Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks again.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

One small issue. I'm trying to get random background art from the c:/Programdata/Team Mediaportal/Mediaportal/Skin/StreamedMP/Media/Animations/movies folder and not the Movingpictures Fanart. That folder contains one file called default.jpg and some random other files.
    In the editor, I therefore select Enable Fanart Handler for this item and select movie from the dropdown box. Going back into MP however, now gives me the default movietheater background. Am I doing something wrong?

The Fanart Handler looks for fanart from the following directory:
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal\Thumbs\Skin Fanart
    You can find out more from the Fanart-Handler user guide.

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

One small issue. I'm trying to get random background art from the c:/Programdata/Team Mediaportal/Mediaportal/Skin/StreamedMP/Media/Animations/movies folder and not the Movingpictures Fanart. That folder contains one file called default.jpg and some random other files.

The Fanart Handler looks for fanart from the following directory:
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal\Thumbs\Skin Fanart
    You can find out more from the Fanart-Handler user guide.

Ah, so the folder changed. I'll move my backgrounds to the new folder. Thanks man.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom