StreamedMP Patches (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks, the Patch definitely asks for elevation (if UAC is enabled) as it needs to install plugins into the program files directory. But when I tested this was prompted while I was still in the GUI.

as promised i paid more attention this time! btw, great to have little updates like this on a frequent basis.

now, i went to settings, skin, skin update, update and install, the patch started downloading, then it asks for elevated permissions, which i allow, i then have to manually close MP (since it was only minimised), and then i receive the prompt restarting MP in 4, 3, 2, 1. when MP has been restarted it is running in the elevated permission set from earlier, so i have to go and close it, and reopen it using the currently logged in user...

perhaps there's something i can adjust in my system to resolve this? anyway, if you'd like more information (logs or other), please let me know.

dh.

Ok thanks for the report...makes sense now. We will investigate a way to run MediaPortal de-elevated from an elevated process.

Could you explain how or why MediaPortal was minimized? Was this done intentionally or is it another bug? When you click accept on the UAC prompt it should of shutdown mediaportal not minimized it. I personally never experienced this with UAC enabled.

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    as promised i paid more attention this time! btw, great to have little updates like this on a frequent basis.

now, i went to settings, skin, skin update, update and install, the patch started downloading, then it asks for elevated permissions, which i allow, i then have to manually close MP (since it was only minimised), and then i receive the prompt restarting MP in 4, 3, 2, 1. when MP has been restarted it is running in the elevated permission set from earlier, so i have to go and close it, and reopen it using the currently logged in user...

perhaps there's something i can adjust in my system to resolve this? anyway, if you'd like more information (logs or other), please let me know.

dh.

Ok thanks for the report...makes sense now. We will investigate a way to run MediaPortal de-elevated from an elevated process.

Could you explain how or why MediaPortal was minimized? Was this done intentionally or is it another bug? When you click accept on the UAC prompt it should of shutdown mediaportal not minimized it. I personally never experienced this with UAC enabled.

thanks for that. i suspect MP only minimised because i have the option selected in config to minimise on exit...

cheers,

dh.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

dh.

thanks for that. i suspect MP only minimised because i have the option selected in config to minimise on exit...

cheers,

dh.

That makes things clearer, hands up here as did not realise there was such an option, we use an internal MP call to exit and with this option enabled this will not do what we want.

I will look into other options but I suspect if may come to to a kill of the MP process.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    dihoff

Quick question for you, how do you know that MP is running elevated? It is, we know that as it is started from an elevated process.

We are look at ways to ensure this does not happen so really just after background information.

I have sorted the other issue you had with minimise on exit and just have this one left.

Thanks

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @dihoff

Quick question for you, how do you know that MP is running elevated? It is, we know that as it is started from an elevated process.

We are look at ways to ensure this does not happen so really just after background information.

I have sorted the other issue you had with minimise on exit and just have this one left.

Thanks

hi,

thanks for your efforts. i use a keyboard/mouse sharing utility on my laptop/HTPC (synergy), and after MP is restarted i can't get across to my HTPC (from my laptop) like normal. after i physically go over to the HTPC, close MP, and then restart it, come back to my laptop, everything works like normal. i hope that makes sense.

cheers,

dh.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok this updating is great. But what plugins are currently being updated (if any) by this skin and how do we request others be added? Personally, I think anything that is listed as a popular plugin should be included in the updating process. Online videos and Media Slayer being included would be AWESOME.

thanks.

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Just wanted to drop in and say the updater is awesome! I updated a few days ago, worked like a charm. Thanks for the good work you guys do!

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Updater also working perfectly here.....Very nice feature.

Is the updating of plugins already implemented?

I am exhausted with the need of keeping my plugins up-to-date.

Furthermore, there should be an option to "Silent auto-update"=If update is found->Install next time MP is started. Maybe with a notificcation box first time MP ir run after update.

Then we would have FULL autoupdate:)

/Morten

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Updater also working perfectly here.....Very nice feature.

Is the updating of plugins already implemented?

I am exhausted with the need of keeping my plugins up-to-date.

Furthermore, there should be an option to "Silent auto-update"=If update is found->Install next time MP is started. Maybe with a notificcation box first time MP ir run after update.

Then we would have FULL autoupdate:)

/Morten

Glad you like it, the update of plugins included with skin is supported currently.

I have just had a quick look at what would be involved in a "Silent auto-update", I could easily check during MP start-up if an update is available and the automaticlly run the installer if the option is selected and then restart MP.

As the next patch is planned for release this w/e it will most likley not make it in but will look to add it for the next patch, they are coming think and fast currently as we work on various plugin skin files so could be active in 2/3 weeks.

thx

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    As the next patch is planned for release this w/e it will most likley not make it in but will look to add it for the next patch, they are coming think and fast currently as we work on various plugin skin files so could be active in 2/3 weeks.

thx

You guys are incredible! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom