StreamedMP Patches (2 Viewers)

Makaveli

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
This is a great function added to the plugin. But unfortunately I have a problem with UAC too.
When I want to update it, an elevate permissions popup is displayed on screen 1 (Monitor in another room) instead of the TV (screen 2). So I cannot see it while I'm in front of the TV. And I believe that I cannot change the default No to Yes, to continue the update process. I hope this can be fixed in a new version. I will be happy to test it!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is a great function added to the plugin. But unfortunately I have a problem with UAC too.
    When I want to update it, an elevate permissions popup is displayed on screen 1 (Monitor in another room) instead of the TV (screen 2). So I cannot see it while I'm in front of the TV. And I believe that I cannot change the default No to Yes, to continue the update process. I hope this can be fixed in a new version. I will be happy to test it!

Will investigate if there is way to control what screen the UAC prompt is displayed on (that way this can be configured)...in the meantime can't you just switch them around so MediaPortal is on Monitor 1?

Makaveli

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No that's not possible, because I use my HTPC as mediaplayer and PC. So screen 1 is the 'PC'-side and screen 2 is the 'mediaplayer'-side. And most popups and programs automatically appear on screen 1, I really need it as my PC screen.

But thanks already for looking into it.

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Makaveli: If you have a NVidia card, you should be able to define yourself where you want the UAC to pop up and this via the advanced configuration of the Nvidia control panel. You can define per application on which screen you want to see the modal and modeless dialogs popup.

Makaveli

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Makaveli: If you have a NVidia card, you should be able to define yourself where you want the UAC to pop up and this via the advanced configuration of the Nvidia control panel. You can define per application on which screen you want to see the modal and modeless dialogs popup.

Mmm that sounds like a solution. Never saw this. I will look into this.
    Do I have to select Mediaportal as program in this case? Or is it another process?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @Makaveli: If you have a NVidia card, you should be able to define yourself where you want the UAC to pop up and this via the advanced configuration of the Nvidia control panel. You can define per application on which screen you want to see the modal and modeless dialogs popup.

Do I have to select Mediaportal as program in this case? Or is it another process?

The UAC prompt will be raised from the MediaPortal process.

Makaveli

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

The UAC prompt will be raised from the MediaPortal process.

Thanks for that info. But I cannot find the settings anywhere in the nVidia Control Panel. I have driver version 197.45 (Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit).

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks for that info. But I cannot find the settings anywhere in the nVidia Control Panel. I have driver version 197.45 (Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit).
    That part of the control panel is actually not available thru the tray icon Nvidia installs.

You have to right-click on your desktop and then choose: "nView Properties".
    Then click on Enable in the Desktop Management tab.
    This will allow you to define very detailed settings. Go to the Applications tab to change the UAC behaviour.

Hope this will help you Makaveli.

nb. This panel was aleady available in version 197.45. I have v258.96 installed.

fitto

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    Barcelona
    Hi,

I just wanted to say this updater is a huge step ahead in user friendliness, and might increase WAF quite remarkably.
    I can see everything in MP being updated in similar way in the near future... It's simply amazing.

Thanks a lot for your awesome work!!!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    A note to all, if you manually update any of your XMLs (e.g. install a custom MOD) the patch system will NOT upgrade over any of those modified files....this means you will not get any other bug fixes associated to those XMLs.

You need to uninstall the skin and then re-install + patch.

The reasoning behind this functionality is that a user may want to keep their edits regardless of any fixes done by the StreamedMP team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom