SubCentral 1.2.5 for MediaPortal 1.8.0 and later (2 Viewers)

desnake

Portal Pro
August 3, 2010
Buskerud
Home Country
Norway Norway
But it dosent work for the stable version right? I had so many problems wih the pre release so i went back to stable. Is it supposed to work for 1.5 aswell?
It dident work for me at at 1.6 either as i remember. hmm maybe i should do a whole format of the HTPC :|

helvsmit

December 8, 2012
Leiden, Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi, I'm almost ready to move from xmbc to media portal. I'm sure your plugin is my final step. In xbmc you can switch or downloading while watching. Just hid find sub and the video pauses and you can download and try the new sub. Is this an option with your plugin? Maybe I need to know theo key or change my standard skin to something else?

Thanks in advance for helping me out here..
bye,
Ab

PS. I use the latest 1.6 version. Just installed it today.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi, I'm almost ready to move from xmbc to media portal. I'm sure your plugin is my final step. In xbmc you can switch or downloading while watching. Just hid find sub and the video pauses and you can download and try the new sub. Is this an option with your plugin? Maybe I need to know theo key or change my standard skin to something else?

Thanks in advance for helping me out here..
    bye,
    Ab

PS. I use the latest 1.6 version. Just installed it today.

In MediaPortal you'll need to stop the video then start it again (resume is optional with a prompt). But the search results are very descriptive, so it's quite rare you'll get a non-matching subtitle if you pay attention to the search results.

Emph

JasperE

January 13, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After having spent all my free hours in the last two weeks on tweaking MediaPortal, I have only one question which I need to ask on this forum. Unlike my previous issues while configuring, I couldn't sort this one out on my own :)
    But hey, maybe you guys can help me!

I'd like to be able to do one of two things:
    • What I'd really like to have is an option to download the first X amount of subtitles found in a specific language.
    • Alternatively, I'd like to be able to download multiple subtitles (each in the same language), manually clicking the ones I want, without overwriting the previously downloaded subtitle.
    Then, when I start playing the video, I'd like to be able to zap through the downloaded subtitles using a button on my remote which I have mapped to the "next subtitle" action.

I cannot seem to find out how to achieve either one of these two solutions.

At the moment I'm using buttons on my remote to adjust the subtitle delays in relation to the video. But sometimes you just downloaded fansubs or non-official subs, which are just not good enough. I guess I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my HTPC setup. I'm sure you guys know that feeling ;).

(This is also, sort of like the poster before me, the very last 'disadvantage' I am experiencing after having switched from XBMC which I've been intensively using for about a year now.)

Last edited:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I see your point there but unfortunately there is no such feature. There has been a few times that I could have used such a feature but those times can be counted using single hand fingers. Of course, the plugin is open source so anyone is free to create a patch :p

JasperE

January 13, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm afraid that task wouldn't really match my current skill-set ;)
    I just checked how much effort it took to get an alternative subtitle. To be fair it's only just a few IR clicks away once you know the shortest menu path and have the right IR buttons mapped to the required actions.

Great plugin.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    After having spent all my free hours in the last two weeks on tweaking MediaPortal, I have only one question which I need to ask on this forum. Unlike my previous issues while configuring, I couldn't sort this one out on my own :)
    But hey, maybe you guys can help me!

I'd like to be able to do one of two things:
    • What I'd really like to have is an option to download the first X amount of subtitles found in a specific language.
    • Alternatively, I'd like to be able to download multiple subtitles (each in the same language), manually clicking the ones I want, without overwriting the previously downloaded subtitle.
    Then, when I start playing the video, I'd like to be able to zap through the downloaded subtitles using a button on my remote which I have mapped to the "next subtitle" action.

I cannot seem to find out how to achieve either one of these two solutions.

At the moment I'm using buttons on my remote to adjust the subtitle delays in relation to the video. But sometimes you just downloaded fansubs or non-official subs, which are just not good enough. I guess I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my HTPC setup. I'm sure you guys know that feeling ;).

(This is also, sort of like the poster before me, the very last 'disadvantage' I am experiencing after having switched from XBMC which I've been intensively using for about a year now.)

Am I right in assuming you've got the Next subtitle button mapped and ready on your remote? If you setup a couple of Download paths for your subtitles ("..\Subtitles" as well as the root of the video file), should you then not be able to download at least two different subtitles?

I get subtitles out of sync too once in a blue moon, but then I just get another one. IMHO, it's less of a hassle than sifting through multiple ones like you want to do. Also, for HD-rips, most subtitles available online will be in sync as they're all the same frame rate.

Emph

JasperE

January 13, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's indeed the correct assumption :)
    I haven't thought about setting multiple download paths for the subs yet, in order to download subtitles in the same language more than once. I'll try that! Thanks.

sijanac

Portal Member
    January 8, 2008
    New instalation mediaportal1.7.1, win7 sp1, folders with files are on a network computer, plugin says that download folder is inacessable. Folders are accesible from windows. On Win xp sp3 everything worked perfectly.

Any help?

Users who are viewing this thread