SUGGESTION BOX: Additions for the Rename database system (1 Viewer)

vpupkin

Portal Pro
March 26, 2011
Is this the right thread to mention some sequels missing in rename XML? Don't want to clutter, but Spy Kids seem to be missing...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.5

Is this the right thread to mention some sequels missing in rename XML? Don't want to clutter, but Spy Kids seem to be missing...

Here is fine. And thanks for pointing that one out, it is easy to miss series sometimes :D

Next release will contain the series, but for the time being you can add the following to your "(Custom)" file:

<rename id="tt0227538" title="Spy Kids I" />
    <rename id="tt0287717" title="Spy Kids II: Island of Lost Dreams" />
    <rename id="tt0338459" title="Spy Kids III: Game Over" />
    <rename id="tt1517489" title="Spy Kids IV: All the Time in the World in 4D" />

:D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.5

Ok, somebody on IRC posed interesting problem on the following series:

tt0081748 - Where the Buffalo Roam (1980)
    tt0120669 - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)
    tt0376136 - The Rum Diary (2011)

There is not any title connection between these movies, so aside from just leaving them alone as-is, I could use the following rename schemes:

Hunter S. Thompson I: Where the Buffalo Roam
    Hunter S. Thompson II: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    Hunter S. Thompson III: The Rum Diary

Or:

Psychadelic Gonzo I: Where the Buffalo Roam
    Psychadelic Gonzo II: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    Psychadelic Gonzo III: The Rum Diary

Unless somebody can come up with a better description for these bizarre, but awesome, movies.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Once Upon a Time in China series

Hate it when I miss the obvious ones that I have myself, but did not get around yet to verify ;)

Added to v1.1.2 of the rename database. That does mean they are added in the "English title (Foreign title)" format, but you can copy and paste all the <rename...> entries for this series into your (Custom) rename database and adjust that if you prefer it in another way.

It's just easier to have it added by default so that a user can remove it (easy), then not have it and require the user to look up the foreign title on each of them (hard).

:D

pgjensen

Portal Pro
    May 1, 2008
    thanks those worked great now...

die hard series sort by puts it in the H section (removes die) - any way for rename db to change that?

new ones:

monty python series (2 and 3 are misspelled montHy python ii and iii and holy grail is not renamed to i)

wallace and grommit (4?)

true grit 1960 should have (Original) suffix?

tinker bell series (3)

samurai series (4)
    - actually 2-3 are but not 1,4

sabrina 1954 should have (Original) suffix?

romeo and juliet 1954 should have (Original) suffix?

Powaqqatsi -> Powwaqatsi: Life in Transformation?

piranha 1978 should have (Original) suffix?

New Police Story should be Police Story V? it's not renamed here

Naqoyqatsi -> Naqoyqatsi: Life As War? (poster title)

Muppet movies

miracle on 34th street 1947 should have (Original) suffix?

The Million 1931 gets: Le Million (Le million) instead of The Million (Le million)

the mechanic 1972 should have (Original) suffix?

The Red Circle 1970 comes up as Le Cercle Rouge (Le cercle rouge)

Once Upon a Time in the West 1968 shows up as Italian name only

The Promise 1996 shows up as La Promesse (La promesse) instead of The Promise (La promesse)

The Pier 1962 shows up as La Jetée (La jetée) instead of The Pier (La jetée)

The Road 1954 shows up as La Strada (La strada) instead of The Road (La strada)

the italian job 1969 should have (Original) suffix?

Hausu 1977 should show up as House (Hausu)

Friday 1995 and Next Friday 2000

Elite Squad 2007 and Elite Squad: The Enemy Within (2010)

Coup de Torchon 1981 should be Clean Slate (Coup de Torchon)

Chasseurs de dragons 2008 should be Dragon Hunters (Chasseurs de dragons)

Bob Le Flambeur 1956 maybe should be Bob the Gambler (Bob Le Flambeur)

Alien Nation series

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    thanks those worked great now...

die hard series sort by puts it in the H section (removes die) - any way for rename db to change that?

new ones:

monty python series (2 and 3 are misspelled montHy python ii and iii and holy grail is not renamed to i)

Nice typo catch on Monty, but 1st one should have renamed. Are you sure yours imported with IMDb tt-ID of tt0071853?

As for "Die Hard", the default article removal system from MovingPictures has support for English+French+German+Dutch in it, so you have to remove the non-English ones. The 'Die' is part of the German article removal section. I've actually helped somebody before, so you can use:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...oval-setting-conflict-die-hard-movies-103650/

Then just refresh those movies.

Will get to the other movies later.

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    <rename id="tt0286716" title="Hulk I: Hulk" />
    <rename id="tt0800080" title="Hulk II: The Incredible Hulk" />

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Animatrix

There are no IMDb movie connections for 'The Animatrix', how exactly do you have the series that you wish to group it? If the concensus is high enough I got no problems adding it to the default rename database system, and of course you can always add it to your personal (Custom) one.

<rename id="tt0286716" title="Hulk I: Hulk" />
    <rename id="tt0800080" title="Hulk II: The Incredible Hulk" />

Hulk (2003) = Hulk (2003) - Movie connections
    The Incredible Hulk (2008) = Der unglaubliche Hulk (2008) - Movie connections

The first one shows no reference to the other as being a sequel, the second one was more meant as a reboot/remake. However they plan a different type of film series with that one, as the Nick Fury references at the end of the movies make clear.

It's extremly hard to justify a default rename database entry for those that will make everybody happy, so you are more then welcome to add these to your custom one. My plan was to wait for launch of "The Avengers" movie to see how I should handle them.

I was toying with the following idea:

<rename id="tt0800080" title="Marvel I: The Incredible Hulk" sortby="Marvel 01" />
    <rename id="tt0800369" title="Marvel II: Thor" sortby="Marvel 02" />
    <rename id="tt0458339" title="Marvel III: Captain America" sortby="Marvel 03" />
    <rename id="tt0848228" title="Marvel IV: The Avengers" sortby="Marvel 04" />
    <rename id="tt0482631" title="Marvel V: Nick Fury" sortby="Marvel 05" />​

But then does "Iron Man" belong in that as well, and what about "Thor II" and "Captain America II". It quickly becomes a complex mess that I frankly wanted to leave to each user for the time being :)

To avoid a forced total sort order, I was also considering something like:

<rename id="tt0458339" title="Marvel: Captain America I" sortby="Marvel Captain America 01" />
    <rename id="tt1843866" title="Marvel: Captain America II" sortby="Marvel Captain America 02" />
    <rename id="tt0286716" title="Marvel: Hulk" sortby="Marvel Hulk 01" />
    <rename id="tt0800080" title="Marvel: The Incredible Hulk" sortby="Marvel Hulk 02" />
    <rename id="tt0371746" title="Marvel: Iron Man I" sortby="Marvel Iron Man 01" />
    <rename id="tt1228705" title="Marvel: Iron Man II" sortby="Marvel Iron Man 02" />
    <rename id="tt1300854" title="Marvel: Iron Man III" sortby="Marvel Iron Man 03" />
    <rename id="tt0482631" title="Marvel: Nick Fury" sortby="Marvel Nick Fury 01" />
    <rename id="tt0848228" title="Marvel: The Avengers" sortby="Marvel The Avengers 01" />
    <rename id="tt0800369" title="Marvel: Thor I" sortby="Marvel Thor 01" />
    <rename id="tt1981115" title="Marvel: Thor II" sortby="Marvel Thor 02" />

But then I'm in conflict again when it comes to movies such as tt0036697 or tt0119781.

Users who are viewing this thread