SUGGESTION BOX: Additions for the Rename database system (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I noticed my 'Clerks' had imported previously as 'Clerks X: Tenth Aniversary Edition' so I sent it back to the importer and now it only imports as 'Clerks' and not 'Clerks I'..

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    These sort ok due to there standard naming but 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' is a direct sequel to Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' yes? Maybe call them I and II??

Also

Young Guns doesn't get a I..

Also

The Texas Chainsaw Masacres, I notice you seem to be seperating the originals and remakes by calling them 'Chain saw' and 'Chainsaw'. I havent watched them, are they not remakes and you made that choice conciously?

Also

Scream 1, 2, 3 etc.. I'd rather see these as I II III to follow the naming convention.. currently they pull through with numerical discriptors.

Also

Saw doesn't get a I on the end for the first in the series.

Also

Rocky (1976? original) doesn;t get a I on the end.

Also

Could Robin Hood 1976 get a tag like (Animated) or something to seperate it from the Russel Crowe recent version? Or is that a bit too much personal preference do you think??

Also

The Ring doesnt get a I, but I dont have The Ring II so I don't know if the series is just not entered.

Also

Quarantine (2006) doesn't get a I at the end.

Also

Mirrors doesn't get an I on the end but the series could be missing as well as I dont have Mirrors 2.

Also

(Again personal preference) but could 1951 Cinderella be tagged (Animated) rather than (Cartoon)? Its not really a cartoon. Tom and jerry is a 'cartoon'.. Its a Disney animation :) same as Robin Hood above..

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    And thats it for now.. I really need to find myself something more entertaining to do on a Friday night! :) Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Young Guns doesn't get a I..

-- Added

The Texas Chainsaw Masacres, I notice you seem to be seperating the originals and remakes by calling them 'Chain saw' and 'Chainsaw'. I havent watched them, are they not remakes and you made that choice conciously?

-- It's one of those movies with a dual reboot/remake, also the original movies are named like that at IMDb, so I went with it to make seperation of the 3 easier.

Scream 1, 2, 3 etc.. I'd rather see these as I II III to follow the naming convention.. currently they pull through with numerical discriptors.

-- Added

Saw doesn't get a I on the end for the first in the series.

-- Added

Rocky (1976? original) doesn;t get a I on the end.

-- Added

Could Robin Hood 1976 get a tag like (Animated) or something to seperate it from the Russel Crowe recent version? Or is that a bit too much personal preference do you think??

-- I think you imported the wrong movie, the 1973 cartoon already has an entry via: <rename id="tt0070608" title="Robin Hood (Cartoon)" />

The Ring doesnt get a I, but I dont have The Ring II so I don't know if the series is just not entered.

-- Added as well as 3D movie in 2014 and short prelude to 2nd one

Quarantine (2006) doesn't get a I at the end.

-- Added

Mirrors doesn't get an I on the end but the series could be missing as well as I dont have Mirrors 2.

-- Added

(Again personal preference) but could 1951 Cinderella be tagged (Animated) rather than (Cartoon)? Its not really a cartoon. Tom and jerry is a 'cartoon'.. Its a Disney animation :) same as Robin Hood above..

-- I did that for consistency, that way SMS filtering can be used without having to remember "was it a cartoon or animated".

(Awaiting on others that you might find, so I can release v1.3.2 tomorrow and not have you find more after I release it :whistle: )

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Nice work :) thats it for now. I went through everything I could see that looked off. Did you get the ones from earlier posts? I was spamming so only started adding to one post at the end.

Suppose now the question is is there a refresh title only option existing? ;)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I noticed my 'Clerks' had imported previously as 'Clerks X: Tenth Aniversary Edition' so I sent it back to the importer and now it only imports as 'Clerks' and not 'Clerks I'..

-- Added

Beverly Hills Cop I doesn't get a I at the end.

-- Added

These sort ok due to there standard naming but 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' is a direct sequel to Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' yes? Maybe call them I and II??

-- Added (must have been when you edited post or I overlooked it)

Did you get the ones from earlier posts?

I did now :)

Suppose now the question is is there a refresh title only option existing? ;)

Use the IMDb+ GUI plugin hidden menu option to rename/refresh your database and then select the option to only do the items that have an entry in the rename database(s). This might redo some movies that you already have correct, but its the easiest way to only refresh the movies you want to, without having to do them all manually.

If you know for sure you are done, I could release v1.3.2 right now, it will just have the date already set for tomorrow.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Done for today. Will have a double check through everything later in the weekend but think thats all the ones I have. I'll update tomorrow anyhow so hold on to it :)

I do have another question though.. Why are you identifing remakes as for instance

Halloween (Remake) I
    rather than
    Halloween I (Remake)

Its throwing the ordering out. That one for instance shows between part 4 and 5 in list view ;)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Done for today. Will have a double check through everything later in the weekend but think thats all the ones I have. I'll update tomorrow anyhow so hold on to it :)

I do have another question though.. Why are you identifing remakes as for instance

Halloween (Remake) I
    rather than
    Halloween I (Remake)

Its throwing the ordering out. That one for instance shows between part 4 and 5 in list view ;)

To make the other option work to remove Roman numeral on first movie, it has to be the last thing on the title, so at the very end.

That must be a new change to the way MovingPictures sort things then, as it didn't do that before. So now it must be ignoring the () brackets, and sorting it under the 'R' for Remake which indeed goes between 'I' and 'V' in the Roman numeral ordering. I'll add a sortby with decimal ordering to avoid that then.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Got bored. Definately got the last of them..

1)
    So. I would like to group these movies
    - I know what you did last summer
    - I still know what you did last summer
    - I'll always know what you did last summer
    I'm thinking..
    What you did last summer I: I know
    What you did last simmer II: I still know
    What you did last summer III: I'll always know
    What do you think??

2)
    Cinderella needs a I (this is the disney animation)

3)
    Das Boot is driving me mad. I want this to be called Das Boot and not keep getting renamed to The Boat. It's DAS BOOT and its a classic!! :) What can I do?

4)
    Jeepers Creepers needs a I

5)
    I have two movies called Drive..tt0116147 and tt0780504. Anyway to seperate them slightly so that they can get their correct fanart?

6)
    I'd like to do renaming on these, I'm not sure where the current naming is coming from because it doesn't look like its the imdb title but anyway..
    - Stargate: The Ark of Truth
    - Stargate: Continuum
    - Stargate: Children Of The Gods

to

- Stargate SG1 I: The Ark of Truth
    - Stargate SG1 II: Continuum
    - Stargate SG1 III: Children of the Gods

Currently they do wierd things like #1 and #2.. Not sure why.

Users who are viewing this thread