Support for Argus TV (1 Viewer)

mikenl

April 18, 2008
Indeed the plugin seems to work, it just doesn't find the correct movie.
What epg data is used to match a movie ? My epg details are in dutch....

2013-10-04 14:10:50.253 [INFO] [Scrobble][34]: Detected movie 'Push' playing in Argus TV-Recordings
2013-10-04 14:10:50.253 [INFO] [Scrobble][34]: File was recognised by Argus TV Recordings and is now scrobbling
2013-10-04 14:10:53.586 [ERR ] [Scrobble][45]: movie not found
2013-10-04 14:11:11.610 [INFO] [MPMain][01]: Stopped playback of Argus tv-recording 'Push'
2013-10-04 14:11:11.830 [INFO] [CancelWatching][20]: Response: cancelled watching

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    For movies, it just uses the title but some EPG's also have the year in the title e.g. Blah (2010). In this case I get the year and send that to trakt so it can do a better match.

note: debug logging shows more information such as exactly what is sent to trakt.

For episodes, it uses the title, episode number and season number. If you don't have an episode/season number in your EPG it assumes your watching a movie.

Im open to improvements but at the end of the day its not going to be perfect as EPG data seems to be different world wide.

Trakt does support aka's so if you have a dutch title for a movie it *might* work but don't count on it.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Now that I have implemented search functionality, im considering adding support for 'checkin's', this is similar to scrobble except that it's manually activated.

What i'm thinking is that I can allows skins to add a Trakt button to the OSD. It will try do a search for either a movie or episode (your choice) with the default search string the current title. Then you can select the movie to checkin or drill down season/episode information to select an episode to check-in.

Does this sound like a good idea?

This would be good for people that have pretty bad EPG data, they could just disable scrobbling for Argus/TV and just do it manually via OSD method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks CyberSimian, that's fixed it (y) and also thanks to AJS for including the change in the next release.
    Thanks CyberSimian, that's fixed it (y) and also thanks to AJS for including the change in the next release.
    When using the List Layout for Argus TV Recorded TV the page count is above the bottom information bar, refer to attached...
    Replies
    Views
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
    Replies
    Views
    The OP was prior to the current release in Feburary this year of MP 1.33 which resolved a number of installation issues present in MP 1.32 particularly the x64 version and has been very thoroughly tested in a variety of scenarios, none the less it is important to bear in mind that since MP 1.33 x64 now includes an x64 version of the...
    The OP was prior to the current release in Feburary this year of MP 1.33 which resolved a number of installation issues present in...
    I'm surprised. MediaPortal has always been easy to move forward with. Each release building on the last, until x64 that is. Ran...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom