Support for Argus TV (1 Viewer)

D

dm15644

How about support for ARGUS TV, the successor of 4TR? I'm surprised that noone has asked about it yet.

Cheers

jayrock

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey Jayrock, might not be possible as even the latest 4tr is now incompatible because it requires .net 4. We can't reference those libraries as media portal is net 3.5.

I suspect Argus will probably be the same.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Cool, that might be possible then...im only going on what a 4TR user gave me from their installation.

For 4TR im referencing the following binaries:
    ForTheRecord.Entities.dll
    ForTheRecord.ServiceAgents.dll
    ForTheRecord.ServiceContracts.dll
    ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.dll

From that .Net 35 SDK I can see the following:
    ArgusTV.DataContracts.dll
    ArgusTV.ServiceAgents.dll
    ArgusTV.ServiceContracts.dll

So that's two of the four references covered, if you can attach the following if they exist that would be great:
    ArgusTV.Entities.dll
    ArgusTV.UI.MediaPortal.dll

It may be a simple addition, as long as the references work out..hopefully I was just given the incorrect files last time ;)

D

dm15644

So that's two of the four references covered, if you can attach the following if they exist that would be great:
    ArgusTV.Entities.dll
    ArgusTV.UI.MediaPortal.dll

It may be a simple addition, as long as the references work out..hopefully I was just given the incorrect files last time ;)

I migrated my own tool from For The Record to Argus TV and it was fairly easy.

ForTheRecord.Entities is replaced with ArgusTV.DataContracts
    ForTheRecord.ServiceAgents is replaced with ArgusTV.ServiceAgents.CoreServiceAgent

Argus.TV.UI.MediaPortal.dll is attached.

Cheers,

jayrock

Attachments

• ArgusTV.UI.MediaPortal.zip
      128.6 KB
    Last edited by a moderator:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi jayrock,

I coded blind, but should hopefully be Okay since its basically the same as 4TR with respect to trakt implementation. Can you be my alpha tester please, I have attached a test dll/pdb which you can replace in windows\plugins.

You will need to enable Argus TV / Recordings in configuration.

Thanks

Attachments

• Release.rar
      382.8 KB
    Last edited:
    D

dm15644

Ok, did a very simple test. Checked "ARGUS TV Recordings" and started one of the recorded movies. So far no success. The recorded show is not listed in my track profile.

Did a quick check of the MediaPortal logs but didn't find anything interesting. Is there some other log file I can check?

The pdb file in release.rar is not really needed, right?

Cheers,

jayrock

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, did a very simple test. Checked "ARGUS TV Recordings" and started one of the recorded movies. So far no success. The recorded show is not listed in my track profile.

Did a quick check of the MediaPortal logs but didn't find anything interesting. Is there some other log file I can check?

The pdb file in release.rar is not really needed, right?

Cheers,

jayrock
    Attach all the logs, you can use the Debug Shortcut in MediaPortal start menu, this will zip up everything I need.

PDB is not required but good just incase there is a crash, which might happen on an Alpha.

D

dm15644

uh, that was quick :)

I pm'ed the logs to you.

D

dm15644

Hi ltfearme,

the next time you compile and release a version, could you compile against the latest dlls of ArgusTV please.

Let me know if you need the dll files.

Cheers,

jayrock

Users who are viewing this thread