Support for FTR /Argus (1 Viewer)

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Any chance support could be added for the beta version of For the Record? Everything seems to work as is except for Recorded TV.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi toricred - yes there is a chance ;) To make sure, the best way is to add an issue to the aMPed Issue Tracker using the 'Plugin Support' template. Then other users can star the issue so I know how many users need the udpate. It really helps me if you can provide specifics (and/or screenshots) about what no longer works (i.e. in Recorded TV in this case), and most important a link to the skin changes for the latest version. That will help me update it much sooner!

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I finally got this added. Unfortunately I don't know where to find the documentation you asked for. I did go on the FTR forum and ask glenn1990 to contact you as he seems to have created support for other skins. I noticed that user vuego here also might be a source. I'm sorry I can't provide more information.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    toricred - yes I saw you added the issue - thanks. I will ask vuego as he is on in the Docs group so I know him well. Most important is if the skin changes are backwards compatible - so all 4TR users who do not donate for the latest beta will still be able to use 4TR in aMPed. But I'll check it out ;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    glenn 1990 posted the skinning guide and the changes use new skin files, so they are backwards compatible. The changes don't look too difficult. So good news for you and more work for me :D

I'll try to get to those soon toricred and will post here when I add them to SVN.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have added the files for 1.6.1 beta to SVN now for anyone who wishes to test. Special thanks to your toricred for all your help/testing since I don't have 1.6.1 beta! Should be backwards compatible, so files for 1.6.0 will still work.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work. I've redownloaded all 4tR xml files from amped SVN to use with ForTheRecord 1.7.0.1 RC and amped 3.5 but recorded TV doesn't show. I get the following error.log when I enter recorded TV:
    Code:
    2012-10-28 20:01:27.958815 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\aMPed\4TR_RecordedTv2.xml' control id:2 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIMenuButton'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
      at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck, Boolean doCheckConsistency)
      at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck)
      at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture)
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnWindowLoaded() ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.TvRecorded
    2012-10-28 20:01:27.965631 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\aMPed\4TR_RecordedTv2.xml' control id:5 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIMenuButton'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
      at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck, Boolean doCheckConsistency)
      at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck)
      at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture)
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnWindowLoaded() ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.TvRecorded
    2012-10-28 20:01:28.306459 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at WindowPlugins.WindowPluginBase.InitLayoutSelections()
      at WindowPlugins.WindowPluginBase.OnPageLoad()
      at ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.RecordedBase.OnPageLoad()
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Vuego - I am not surprised! When I asked Glenn he said there were no skin changes for 1.7.0 but I could not figure out how that was possible since 1.3.0 buttons are not compatible with 1.2.x. I have seen similar reports in several skin forum threads. I can guess at the changes but it would be really helpful if you know a link to the skin changes - I can 't find anything in MP forum or on www.4therecord.eu :( I would assume they are mostly the same as MP TV skin files, but there are variations in 4TR skin files and none of our aMPed Team testers use it any more.

EDIT: @vuego - Reg just reported he has installed 4TR 1.7.0 for MP 1.3.0 now and will help me test the skin changes. If you would like to join our test conversation for that and help test them, let me know!

Last edited:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, I'd like to help with testing :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As I posted in the main thread, I have updated SVN with the latest fixes for FTR 1.7.0, both for aMPed 3.4 for MP 1.2.x and v3.5 for MP 1.3.0 alpha.

For those updating to the latest release of 'Argus' (FTR has changed to Argus) - aMPed testers reported that the skin files work if you rename them - change FTR to Argus - including the references within the skin XMLs.

Users who are viewing this thread