Support for MediaPortal 1.10 (1 Viewer)

lisag

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Essex
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Hello, do we know yet whether MPDisplay 0.9.5.1 works okay with MP 1.10 final?

thanks!

Wondermusic

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Palm_Maniac has a little Problem with MPD++ when updating from MP 1.10Pre. We don't know yet if this also will happen when updating from MP1.9.
    If you do so - be aware to make a System Backup before. ;)

Cheers,
    Richy

lisag

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Essex
    Country flag
    Thanks, I have just done a fresh install of MP 1.10 final and MPD++ 0.9.5.1 on a test machine and all seems to work well. I'll let you know if I have any issues.

EDIT: Why was this marked as Off Topic @erichzann ?

Last edited:

lisag

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Essex
    Country flag
    Hi, I have been having some MPDisplay++ crashes with MP 1.10. It seems to occur if I am very active within the MP GUI, eg, starting and stopping a lot of video / tv playback. If I just settle down and watch one or two things it seems okay.

I have switched the logs to 'verbose' and attach them from the latest crash. I have also attached a screengrab of the error that comes up when the crash occurs.

Many thanks!

lisa Capture.JPG

lisag

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Essex
    Country flag
    I'm still getting quite a lot of these crashes - always with a dwrite.dll APPCRASH error.

Any ideas at all?

Many thanks.

lisa

Wondermusic

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I don't know if sebimuxx read your posting until now - so I'll try with an answer...
    Do you have these crashes on your Test machine or on your HTPC?
    If HTPC did you made also a fresh install?

Asking, because mrbonsen from our test team done a complete fresh install with MP 1.10 and MPD 0.9.5.1 - runnig it without any issues. (I'm still running under MP 1.8 on my HTPC and 1.9 on my DEV with internal test versions)

I'll point sebimuuxx to this posting if he didn't recognized it.

lisag

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Essex
    Country flag
    Hi, thanks for the response. Yes, this is now all running on my HTPC, where I completely uninstalled MediaPortal and MPDisplay++ and then installed the latest versions of both. I am using Titan extended skin on MP 1.10 and Avallance - Dirty Paper on MP Display++ 0.9.5.1. I also use Argus TV, which is installed on the same machine, and that has been upgraded to the latest version 2.3.

I have experienced these crashes before, with previous versions of MediaPortal and MPDisplay++ but it is happening much more often now.

At the weekend I managed to configure a macro on my logitech harmony remote to re-start MPDisplay++ after one of these crashes, from the remote, without having to restart MediaPortal. The option on MPDisplay++ to re-start after a crash doesn't seem to work.

I am wondering if it is something wrong with my Windows installation, or drivers on that machine? I have Windows 7 32 bit, which was installed in 2012, and I have kept the install very clean, all the drivers are up to date and I also have all the windows updates available installed. I also ran the sfc /scannow command and it found no issues.

sebimuxx

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, did see this post only now. I had a short look into the logs, there is only one crash in the log. This crash is caused by an error on Mediaportal side in the TVDatabase, when MPDisplay plugin tries to get the TV channels. So my first guess would be that it is related to your setup with ArgusTV and probably not using MP TV plugin?

I will try to catch the error within the plugin code, but can be not sure if this really solves the problem because the actual error occurs within MediaPortal code.

Another option would be to add an option to MPD configuration to completely disable the TVServer interface of MPD. @Wondermusic, what do you think?

Wondermusic

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I don’t know exactly…

If you do that there could be some functions don’t work properly anymore, like:
    - Rec- Indicator
    - EPG
    - May be all Tags regarding TV- Part?

lisag

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Essex
    Country flag
    Currently I don't get the rec indicator with Argus, but I do get the EPG and everything else tv related.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    M 2nd (Touch-)Display Support on MediaPortal 2 such MPDisplay++? General 2
    A Mediaportal 1.20 support MediaPortal 1 Talk 3
    G MediaPortal 4k Support Newcomers Forum 1
    CyberSimian Support for control.isvisible() in expressions MediaPortal 1 8
    morpheus_xx [WiP] OnlineVideos: New browser based playback support using WebDriver, new Amazon siteutil MediaPortal 2 6
    J Support waipu TV TV-Server 0
    doskabouter WebDAV support OnlineVideos 0
    K Multichannel audio and subtitles for TV not properly supported General Support 4
    CyberSimian Support pack for Ortek VRC-1100 and Hama 00052451 Remotes 6
    cbr954rr [Finished] [MP2-801] Support for tag image extraction Archive 7
    catavolt [solved] FanartHandler - Skin - Holiday and Spotlight support Fanart Handler 5
    C Drive Type is not supported by system Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 3
    raffe [solved] Export tool and import support from MP-TVSeries & Moving Pictures to MP2 General 22
    morpheus_xx General Testing TVE 3.5 Sat>IP support (MP2 only) TV Engine 47
    E M3U Playlist and EPG Support/Configuration Installation, configuration support 1
    G Mediaportal2 supported formats General 1
    M [solved] Stub Support General 11
    morpheus_xx [WiP] Adding 64 bit support to MP2 MediaPortal 2 15
    Lehmden FTP and WebDAV support. MediaPortal 2 0
    MClements13 TV CARD NOT SUPPORTED General 0
    azzuro Update external binaries (mkvinfo,ffmpeg), evaluate 64-bit support Archive 26
    C Black Gold Tuner Support General 4
    ajs 4911: Add properties support to TextColor and TextColorNoFocus MediaPortal 1 5
    A Mediaportal Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    G Update von MediaPortal Installationsprobleme? 0
    Top Bottom