Support for MediaPortal 1.10 (1 Viewer)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello, do we know yet whether MPDisplay 0.9.5.1 works okay with MP 1.10 final?

thanks!

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Palm_Maniac has a little Problem with MPD++ when updating from MP 1.10Pre. We don't know yet if this also will happen when updating from MP1.9.
    If you do so - be aware to make a System Backup before. ;)

Cheers,
    Richy

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks, I have just done a fresh install of MP 1.10 final and MPD++ 0.9.5.1 on a test machine and all seems to work well. I'll let you know if I have any issues.

EDIT: Why was this marked as Off Topic @erichzann ?

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi, I have been having some MPDisplay++ crashes with MP 1.10. It seems to occur if I am very active within the MP GUI, eg, starting and stopping a lot of video / tv playback. If I just settle down and watch one or two things it seems okay.

I have switched the logs to 'verbose' and attach them from the latest crash. I have also attached a screengrab of the error that comes up when the crash occurs.

Many thanks!

lisa Capture.JPG

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    I'm still getting quite a lot of these crashes - always with a dwrite.dll APPCRASH error.

Any ideas at all?

Many thanks.

lisa

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know if sebimuxx read your posting until now - so I'll try with an answer...
    Do you have these crashes on your Test machine or on your HTPC?
    If HTPC did you made also a fresh install?

Asking, because mrbonsen from our test team done a complete fresh install with MP 1.10 and MPD 0.9.5.1 - runnig it without any issues. (I'm still running under MP 1.8 on my HTPC and 1.9 on my DEV with internal test versions)

I'll point sebimuuxx to this posting if he didn't recognized it.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi, thanks for the response. Yes, this is now all running on my HTPC, where I completely uninstalled MediaPortal and MPDisplay++ and then installed the latest versions of both. I am using Titan extended skin on MP 1.10 and Avallance - Dirty Paper on MP Display++ 0.9.5.1. I also use Argus TV, which is installed on the same machine, and that has been upgraded to the latest version 2.3.

I have experienced these crashes before, with previous versions of MediaPortal and MPDisplay++ but it is happening much more often now.

At the weekend I managed to configure a macro on my logitech harmony remote to re-start MPDisplay++ after one of these crashes, from the remote, without having to restart MediaPortal. The option on MPDisplay++ to re-start after a crash doesn't seem to work.

I am wondering if it is something wrong with my Windows installation, or drivers on that machine? I have Windows 7 32 bit, which was installed in 2012, and I have kept the install very clean, all the drivers are up to date and I also have all the windows updates available installed. I also ran the sfc /scannow command and it found no issues.

sebimuxx

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, did see this post only now. I had a short look into the logs, there is only one crash in the log. This crash is caused by an error on Mediaportal side in the TVDatabase, when MPDisplay plugin tries to get the TV channels. So my first guess would be that it is related to your setup with ArgusTV and probably not using MP TV plugin?

I will try to catch the error within the plugin code, but can be not sure if this really solves the problem because the actual error occurs within MediaPortal code.

Another option would be to add an option to MPD configuration to completely disable the TVServer interface of MPD. @Wondermusic, what do you think?

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don’t know exactly…

If you do that there could be some functions don’t work properly anymore, like:
    - Rec- Indicator
    - EPG
    - May be all Tags regarding TV- Part?

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Currently I don't get the rec indicator with Argus, but I do get the EPG and everything else tv related.

Users who are viewing this thread