Support for new DefaultWideHD (3 Viewers)

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
November 20, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hey I still can't get it to work, I've upgraded sab numerous times. I think that may be the issue. I'll deal with that later, as I'm still dealing with my live timing belt issue with my fanless gpu.

Thanks for all the help, showtimes is working fantastic now, 1 outa 2 ain't bad.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello catavolt,
    May be a fix ? :
    when I go in TVGuide :

zz1.jpg

and I click on a program (for record or, to look at summary a bit more cause, scrolling is too fast) :

zz2.jpg

Could it be possible, to have the left menu retracted when entering in this screen ?
    Cause of text overlaped...

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Could it be possible, to have the left menu retracted when entering in this screen ? Cause of text overlapped...
    Every skin designer has their own ideas about panel layout and visual style. I have just looked at the "Upcoming Episodes" panel in "Amped", "Ares", and "Titan". They are all different. I think that "Titan" is the most successful, closely followed by "Amped". Sadly, "Ares" lags some way behind.

I suspect that most users want aspects of many different skins combined into a single skin. For example, they might want the "Upcoming Episodes" panel from "Titan", plus the new active-recordings indicators from "DefaultWideHD", plus ... (and so on). Inevitably, you end up creating your own skin, which is an amalgam of the aspects that you like taken from other skins.

In this case, you can easily achieve the result that you want. The attached zip file contains the change that is needed. You could overwrite the existing file, but I would suggest that you create your own theme (if you have not already done this), and place the file in the folder for that theme.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• upcoming.zip
      1.4 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, this will be fixed in 1.29 pre ;)
    But in the attached ZIP are the files needed ;)
    Drop the content of the ZIP into your DWHD folder (overwrite), clear skin cache, restart MP and enjoy ;)

Attachments

• New OSDs for DefaultWideHD.zip
      23.7 KB

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Almost there ... bottom program correct, top program is still overlapped. which xml and which control should I look at?

Attachments

• 13-22-28.png
      13-22-28.png
      1.3 MB
    • 13-22-35.png
      13-22-35.png
      1.1 MB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your screenshots do not show the new OSDs - did you update correct?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    as instructed - copy files to skin, delete cache, start MP... this is what displays on up/down channel change with remote in live TV full screen. bottom program is correct, top program is overlapping time. Using default skin theme.

did it twice to make sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom