Testing of 1.2.3 - final phase (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

is there goal date for final version? As I see there is no any issue with this test release.

We have some EPG grabbers to commit, and a typo to correct, but nothing else that we know of.

Clearly the version numbers are an issue and we will test the release installer carefully, which may take a couple more days.

Fingers crossed for Friday of this week, although that is not 'official'.

D

DiBS

Works fine! I updated from 1.22 and I am using Moving Pictures, TV Series and TV (SD and HD) with LAV Codec.

Great Work! Thx

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    On my beta testing pc that previously had 1.2.2 installed.

Did a complete uninstall (server & client) and went for a fresh 1.2.3 installation.

Getting an error "MySQL -set password error :1"

Removed the improperly installed 1.2.3 and deleted the MySQL folder from Program Files and run CCleaner, rebooted.

Still getting the same error.

Any ideas?

P.S. OS is windows 7, tried to run the installer with admin rights and still getting the same error.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

the MySQL Server has some problems with uninstalling/ reset password etc. Do you get an error while you want to config the MySQL Instace (MySQL instance configuration wizzard) at the end when the Instance should be configured by the installer at "apply security settings"?

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The product vesion is still marked as 1.2.2, this causes that 4TR fails to install.
    Can someone fix this?

Will be fine in the final release. Unfortunately it seems that when 4TR is installed, it fudges its own version number to match the MP install, and this is not working for the type of build I linked to.

Presumably you saw a dialog when you installed 4TR which said it might not be compatible.

It is absolutely critical for MP that the TVPlugin version matches the MediaPortal version, so that we can ensure compatibility. Unfortunately, 4TR replaces a core MP file (TVPlugin.dll) which it really should not do.

We are not entirely clear whether 4TR plugin is based on MediaPortal code, as I understand that it is closed source. If there is any MP code in there, then the code should be available under GPL. Just a couple of the reasons why I won't be using 4TR any time soon. Edit: I understand that the source is available. Apologies.

Mark

Ok, then there will probably no issue when installing 4TR on 1.2.3.

4TR has 2 plugin dll's:
    *tvplugin.dll: this is a empty one,it's there to enable the tv specific settings in the configuration.
    The 4TR installer gives it the version number of mediaortal.exe (file version),to avoid conflicts.
    *ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.dll: this is the real plugin.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Do you get an error while you want to config the MySQL Instace (MySQL instance configuration wizzard) at the end when the Instance should be configured by the installer at "apply security settings"?

Well i am unable to test that one cause when the error pops out the only option that i have is to press "Ok" and after that the installation process is terminated with the error "Failed to install application [MYSQL 5.1]"

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK so you try to install the MySQL Server with the MP Installation? If so try to find the "MySQL Instance configuration Wizard"...is should be located inside the binary folder of the MySQL Server. Open it and select "remove instance". Now try to uninstall the MySQL server again and delete every folder related to it (ProgrammData\MySQK, ProgramFiles\MySQL and maybe inside Users\Appdata or User\Application data.
    Do you got an registry and HDD cleaner? if so...execute it. Then restart the Computer and try the Installation again.
    next time, dont uninstall the complete MySQL server cause you get problems with that nearly everytime...i have to install many MySQL Servers for work cause our Software is based on it and there are a lot of Problems with reinstall, uninstall and updating MySQL Server on windows. If thats not working you maybe got a chance if you download the MySQL Server from MySQL.com and install it first without mediaportal...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom