Tools and other software tinyMediaManager - The Media Manager for MediaPortal (Win/Mac/Linux) (1 Viewer)

smarty12345

Portal Pro
November 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Country flag
I am sorry, but I don't know the internal structures from MP and why this NFO format does not work for you. This format has been developed a long time ago with some help of other users which use MP.
Is there no "official" NFO description in the MP wiki which declares what fields are supported and how they should be structured?

I am wondering because no one else have complained about that in the past years... (and the format has not been changed since then)
An interesting question. So I have had a look..
The Wiki for MP1 states that the details in the .nfo for genre should be as follows.
<genre>Animation</genre>
<genre>Adventure</genre>
<genre>Family</genre>
In that layout/format, both Mp1's Videos importer and the plugin Moving Pictures (what I use) imports the genre data perfectly.
The issue is only there when using .nfo files generated using TMM. Where the formatting is :
<genres>
<genre>Animation</genre>
<genre>Adventure</genre>
<genre>Family</genre>
</genres>
Whilst experimenting with this, I believe I have found the issue. I am using the settings in TMM for use with Media Portal. These are what do not work.
If I use the settings for Kodi or XBMC/Kodi<16 then it writes the .nfo correctly. Without the <genres></genres> tags in the way. Which are confusing the scrapers.

Two other issues I have found with the formatting also are as follows.

When set to Media portal NFO format, it only generates <certification>rating</certification>
When on the Kodi option, it writes both <cetification> and <mpaa> into the nfo. Mediaportal requires the <mpaa> to scrape the certification rating.

lastly, Media portal requires the languages field to be <language></language> , Not <languages></languages> as is currently being written.
currently, all version of settings (MP, Kodi, XBMC) in TMM write that as <languages>. It needs to be <language>

Here is the link to the wiki page. 1.6.x - NFO file usergroup (movie set) additional support

thanks.

mlaggner

Portal Pro
September 23, 2013
Austria Austria
Country flag
IIRC we have introduced the MP NFO style because one of the MP versions (1.x or 2.x?) was not compatible with the XBMC NFO style..

when I have time to compare the wikis (for MP 1.x and MP 2 NFO style) I will make a second MP NFO style (dedicated to the _other_ MP version)..

If you want you could help me find the needed information ;)

smarty12345

Portal Pro
November 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Country flag
IIRC we have introduced the MP NFO style because one of the MP versions (1.x or 2.x?) was not compatible with the XBMC NFO style..

when I have time to compare the wikis (for MP 1.x and MP 2 NFO style) I will make a second MP NFO style (dedicated to the _other_ MP version)..

If you want you could help me find the needed information ;)
If it helps, I have found these two items in the wiki. NFO Node - Lexical support
and NfoFileFormat

The first link is perhaps more useful. as it shows side by side the formatting supported in MP1 and MP2.
Of note though, there is no entry for Language at all.!! So, knowing MP1 supports the tag <language>, I would say its a safe bet MP2 would also.
I don't know why there isn't an (x) marked against <genre> for MP2 on that list. As it would be pretty crazy if that wasn't supported also.

smarty12345

Portal Pro
November 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Country flag
I don't use MP2 for multiple reasons.
I, and I expect a lot of users, still use MP1 and Moving Pictures. And it's for that which I am hoping that @mlaggner can tweak TMM to get the right formatting.
If it happens to work on MP2 is an aside for me.

mlaggner

Portal Pro
September 23, 2013
Austria Austria
Country flag
@ajs had a great idea ;)
would be nice if someone could export me a NFO from MP 1.x and one of MP 2.x so I could compare these to our implementation (and use them in our unit tests)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    I, and I expect a lot of users, still use MP1 and Moving Pictures.
    Many, but not all, my NFOs from the standard MyVideo MP1 plugin, I do not use Moving Pictures, it is not convenient for me. How it processes NFO files I do not know. :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    NFO from MP 1.x and one of MP 2.x so I could compare these to our implementation (and use them in our unit tests)
    MP2 is fully compatible with Kodi regarding to .nfo and local fanart. MP1 don't support .nfo for series at all so you also don't need to look after. Just movies .nfo can be used inside MP1. Moving Pictures plugin also is compatible with Kodi (with xbmc .nfo grabber script), at least it was last time I've used it (many years ago). The in-build "MyVideos" is different a bit here. But I can't give you an .nfo as I don't use MyVideos and I never had aside for some testing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    RoChess Weird GPU crash -- possible cause: resizing media MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
    J Navigating media drive General 4
    J Will Media Portal meet my requirements? General Support 4
    C Imported media doesn't show up immediately? General 1
    J Show media item location Feature Requests 4
    HTPCSourcer Media Accessor is flooding logs with files from attached monitor MediaPortal 2 9
    N [fixed] [MP2-822] Folder View is not displaying individual media share elements Submit: Bug Reports 4
    A MP2.2.2, understanding movies/videos/tv and WTV recordings. General 16
    T I cannot get a basic media import-what is the best configuration? General 10
    Rob Hexenmeister [solved] Latest Media Handler - skinning buttons Fanart Handler 19
    J MediaPortal TV Server and Kodi media source issues General 9
    D media portal 2.2 have movies shown on genre not name General 6
    M How to Watch my videos from my Media Portal to My TV without TV Tuner Newcomers Forum 1
    D Media Portal wake schedule General Support 29
    R Media portal resumes with wrong screen resolution General Support 3
    Rob Hexenmeister Latest Media Handler - facade properties - itemcount General Support 3
    P WMC on Windows 7 migrating to Media Portal on Windows 10 Newcomers Forum 5
    Rob Hexenmeister [solved] Latest media handler - time reported as date Fanart Handler 18
    Rob Hexenmeister Video Buttons / Latest Media MediaPortal 1 Skins 7
    C DVB-C Empfänger Hauppauge Win TV dual wird in Media Portal nicht aktiviert TV / Streaming 1
    Patrik-See Unitymedia HD+ Fernsehen mit Media Portal legal möglich? TV / Streaming 0
    Lichloathe [solved] Latest Media Handler - Default view for TVSeries on startup Fanart Handler 2
    ajs [solved] Latest Media Handler - Skin settings - Custom latests items number Fanart Handler 27
    ajs Sync databases by Media Sync Service MediaPortal 1 Talk 26
    Rob Hexenmeister [solved] Latests Media Handler - Skinning an updating window or control Fanart Handler 26